Downham Market Show. Sunday, June 12th,2011

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
T-21
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Downham Market Show. Sunday, June 12th,2011

Post by T-21 »

June 12th ~ IPMS West Norfolk wish to announce 'Model Exhibition 2011' to be held at Downham Market Town Hall, Priory Road, Downham Market, PE38 9JS. Show open 1000 -1600. Free Parking. Adults £1 Concessions 50p. Model traders, Club displays, Competition, Cafeteria.
All proceeds to East Anglian Air Ambulance.
I will be going for the first time ,not a big show but small and friendly. If we finish early can visit the Fenland Aviation Museum nearby 3 miles NE of Wisbech at Bambers Garden Centre.
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Re: Downham Market Show. Sunday, June 12th,2011

Post by bluesteel »

T-21 wrote:June 12th ~ IPMS West Norfolk wish to announce 'Model Exhibition 2011' to be held at Downham Market Town Hall, Priory Road, Downham Market, PE38 9JS. Show open 1000 -1600. Free Parking. Adults £1 Concessions 50p. Model traders, Club displays, Competition, Cafeteria.
All proceeds to East Anglian Air Ambulance.
I will be going for the first time ,not a big show but small and friendly. If we finish early can visit the Fenland Aviation Museum nearby 3 miles NE of Wisbech at Bambers Garden Centre.
I hope to see you there T-21, as I'm assisting with the hall management on that day. I should be in my IPMS West Norfolk sweat shirt with Julian embroidered on it, so you should be able to find me among the crowds :grin:
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
T-21

Post by T-21 »

Hello Julian,

Looking forward to meeting you. Let's hope we get a good turn-out.

regards,
Nigel
T-21

Post by T-21 »

Very good smallish show in the town hall ,easy free parking in the Iceland car park nearby. Met Bluesteel ,good Coastal Command SIG display. Lots of nice friendly people. purchased the S&M Viscount 1/144 for £5,Renwal circa 1960,1/72 Voisin Farman 1908 for £3 but missing main wheels,and a Frog Gloster Javelin 9 for £5 (I now have 4 T.3 and 4 Mk.9 to complete as various marks in the future). We also moved on 10 miles to the Fenland Aviation Museum near Wisbech and spent a good 3 hours looking at the exhibits in a well run museum. Returned home in rain for a round trip of 160 miles ,my friend shared the petrol costs.
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

T-21 wrote:Very good smallish show in the town hall ,easy free parking in the Iceland car park nearby. Met Bluesteel ,good Coastal Command SIG display. Lots of nice friendly people. purchased the S&M Viscount 1/144 for £5,Renwal circa 1960,1/72 Voisin Farman 1908 for £3 but missing main wheels,and a Frog Gloster Javelin 9 for £5 (I now have 4 T.3 and 4 Mk.9 to complete as various marks in the future). We also moved on 10 miles to the Fenland Aviation Museum near Wisbech and spent a good 3 hours looking at the exhibits in a well run museum. Returned home in rain for a round trip of 160 miles ,my friend shared the petrol costs.
Good to see you there.

It was an excellent little show, all the tables were booked with 28 Clubs, SIGs and Traders. Kit Krazy, Little Cars and S&M Models seemed to be doing a roaring trade. It looks like we have raised a decent amount of money for the Air Ambulance once the finances have been resolved.

Pictures to follow.
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

West Norfolk IPMS Show, Downham Market Town Hall, Sunday 12th June 2011

All proceeds in aid of the East Anglian Air Ambulance.

Set up on the Saturday evening. After a little problem gaining access to the hall due to illness of the duty caretaker, it took about 1 ½ hrs to set up using staging and tables in the main hall, stage and bar room.

Bluesteel

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

A sample of Club and SIGs Displays part 1

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/16884085@N08/5830003424/]Image[/url
Bluesteel

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

Part 2

Bluesteel

bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

The Coastal Command SIG Display. I tried to give more of the back story to the exhibits rather than crowd the table with plastic:

3 of the 4 CC VCs, with John Ratzenbergers Trigg Liberator finally on it's first display outing. I hope to have the final VC ready for Telford:

Paul Bradleys CC Mosquito and Blenheim and the Langham Beaufighter:

The Anson Trio:

Botha and Warbys Maryland:

Bluesteel

T-21

Post by T-21 »

Thanks Bluesteel for the photo's . The Vietnam river scene diorama is by Hadleigh from our Bedford Scale Club . He is winning numerous awards at the shows. How did the judging go ?
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

T-21 wrote:Thanks Bluesteel for the photo's . The Vietnam river scene diorama is by Hadleigh from our Bedford Scale Club . He is winning numerous awards at the shows. How did the judging go ?
He won another reward :-D Not surprising really, that Vietnam river scene was my favourite of the show.
Bluesteel

AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

I hope the crowds flocked to see the models, after all your hard work.
Great pictures. Thanks for posting them.
That riverboat diorama really looks to be something special. I bet it's even better in real life

Cheers

Andrew
Up in the Great White North

Return to “Model Shows and Events”