Wonderfest 2014 is finished and I have the pics to prove it.

Please place details here of any events you may think are of interest.
philp
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Wonderfest 2014 is finished and I have the pics to prove it.

Post by philp »

Wonderfest is a Sci-fi/Horror model contest held in Louisville, Kentucky. This year was the 25th anniversary. Think lots of spaceships, Monsters and more.

Ran into Tom Grossman of Tag Team Hobbies who is an Iwata distributor there on Friday and got him to let me help him set up the booth. He had 7 other guys already but they say I was helpful. Tom gave me a Dealer's pass for helping throughout the show and that got me in to all kinds of fun. Spent way too much money but got some really neat stuff. Now really have to get my airbrush up and running so I can practice on my flesh tones.

Warning, the photos at the end of the album may not be appropriate for work (guess it depends on where you work) or young ones. This is your only warning.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1155497467 ... erfest2014;
SJPONeill

Re: Wonderfest 2014 is finished and I have the pics to prove

Post by SJPONeill »

philp wrote:Spent way too much money

Only in the highest traditions of the hobby, I'm sure... ;-)

Great pix, thanks for sharing...I'd love to get me to one of these shows...some day...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Dazzled

Re: Wonderfest 2014 is finished and I have the pics to prove

Post by Dazzled »

Wow, you took a lot of pictures.

I don't do a lot of sci-fi but I did find some of the subjects quite interesting.

Particularly those at the bottom of the page ;-)

I wonder what Mrs Dazzled would say about one or two of those in the cabinet :roll:
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Model Shows and Events”