jRatz Beaufighter Strike Force -- Airfix 1/72

Runs: August 1st to September 11th
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: jRatz Beaufighter Strike Force -- Airfix 1/72

Post by Martin R »

John,

Looking great! I must have a thing about cowlings, and I've always hated the Airfix Beau ones; imho what you've done will add really significantly to the look of the finished article(s).

Watch out for the fit of the transparencies . . . or do you have a cunning plan?

regards,
Martin R

"the 'R' stands for 'Representative'."
Jagewa
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Jagewa »

Great work on the cowls John, those are nice looking Bristols, can I see "Engine and things" on the packets?

Cheers
Jim
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Jagewa wrote:Great work on the cowls John, those are nice looking Bristols, can I see "Engine and things" on the packets?

Cheers
Jim
Oh, yes, they are 'Engines & Things' -- I thought I mentioned that earlier in the GB, maybe not .... Anyway, I roamed the IPMS/USA National Convention vendor room until I came up with enough for all 3 aircraft. They come 4 to a pack and I got the only two packs I found ....
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Martin R wrote:John,

Watch out for the fit of the transparencies . . . or do you have a cunning plan?

regards,
Say What ?!?! Er, ah, um, well, uh, yes ... but perhaps more brute force than cunning at this stage ....
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

For today, we have Sky bands & bellies ....

I doubt much will happen tomorrow because of some non-modeling issues, but next step will be to ensure the Sky properly covers the Beaufighters up the sides and to do the Mustang detail -- white nose band, white wing & tail bands, yellow leading-edge. I am going to do some variations here just so they all don't look exactly the same.

I'll pop in some pix as things go along .... Sorry for the quality -- I shot 'em in poor light ...

Oops, just realized the GB is over isn't it ? Oh, well, I figured it would come to this, so I'll just switch my finishing efforts into a CC SIG thread and keep moving .... At least my own deadline of 1 October is well within reach ....

Return to “Anti-Shipping GB”