Sign-up and Chat

Aircraft with Four or More engines.
Runs: February 1st 2012 - March 18th 2012
GB Leaders: bromo, SJPONeill
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Sign-up and Chat

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

A continuation of the initial 'Four or More' thread from GB Chat.

Here sign-up for the 'Four or More' GB, state your entry, chat with others who are joining the GB.

Your GB Leaders are Bromo and SJPONeill, and they will post the details here shortly ....
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by SJPONeill »

Me, me, me...I want to be first!!!!

Oh but I have nothing to say but great to be here, looking forward to deputising under Martin's firm hand, and first round is on me...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

PS I'm in with an original box-scale Revell B-36 and if time and moral courage permit, the Combat Models 1/72 Bv-238...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Erm late as usual :grin: okay during the chat about this group build a few things were raised about engines,rato ect and vac form prep, i think we need to get these things agreed as soon as we can so people can make kit choices.As well if you know what your going to be building shout out and let us know.
I know there was some debate about the He177 in that the two engines were coupled by a common crankcase.My tuppenyworth is there was two engines,and its the four or more engine build,not the four or more crankcase build,or the four or more prop build.As for rato, jato ect im easy what ever you guys want.
As for prep of vac form parts i have nothing against the parts being cut from the sheet,final sanding ect being done in the GB. I think it would be good to see a larger vac form build start to finish.Well thats my veiws and that all they are veiws,so over to you guys.

Martin
BEEN A WHILE
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

I think that He-177s, Brabazons, etc count as would a Fairey Gannet Zwilling if anyone is up for that (2 x Double Mambas = 4 engines) as the engines are all part of motive power i..e not like APUs etc...on the other hand, disposable engines like RATO/JATO, Hounddog missiles on B-52s that contributed to takeoff power don't count...

Re the vac kit pre-prep, the is actually quite a bit of work necessary to get a big vac kit to the same start point as an OOB injected kit which is possible one reason why we don't see too many at all and see even less in GBs hence my feeling that some sort of dispensation could be granted here for initial parts prep, to include any parts like formers etc that may need to be scratchbuilt: no detail prep like cutting out windows and certainly no joining of parts until the light goes green...

I will pull the 238 out this weekend and see what it actually needs - based on previous experience with large Combat Models, some prep will be required.
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Im in with this, most likely with something in 1/144 im swinging towards a Minicraft Lancaster or 2 or maybe 3 of them :ha: after finishing one as present although the Revell Tu-95 Bear is rather tempting will have to see what happens by the time the light go green on this :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Desert_fox
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Desert_fox »

I'm in with the Revell 1:72 B-17. It's taunting me right now, so it will feel good to best the beast and get it built for the start of a new year.
Will write history dissertations for modelling supplies...
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Welcome aboard guys, motley why not build 3 lancs and the Tu :ha: , That B17 is a really nice kit desert,of my favourite aircraft.

Martin
BEEN A WHILE
BWP
Got in under the wire

Post by BWP »

I'll be in, but I don't yet know for certain what I'll be building.
Bruce Probst
Melbourne, Australia
"I want to decide who lives and who dies."
My Model Profile
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

bromo wrote:Welcome aboard guys, motley why not build 3 lancs and the Tu :ha:
Bromo, dont tempt me :ha: after building that Lanc kit i really like it and do want to do all the schemes and the bear is tempting, ohhhh damnn you ive got it in my head nowww :lol:
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

I'll confirm my in-ness.
Not exactly sure which of the following I'll be building, but it'll be more than one;
Choices:
Academy
1/300 Valkyrie
1/144 Boeing C-97 Cargo Transport
1/144 Consolidated B-24 Liberator
1/144 Tupolev Tu-22 Backfire B
Airfix
1/144 BAC/Sud Est Concorde
1/144 BAC Concorde Prototype
1/144 Boeing 707
1/144 dH Comet 4B
Anigrand
1/144 Vickers Valiant B1
Arii
1/144 Lockheed P-3C Orion
CMR
1/144 Avro Shackleton MR3
Hobby Craft
1/144 Boeing B-47 Stratojet
1/144 Convair B-58 Hustler
Maquette
1/500 Vickers R-100 Airship
Matchbox
1/144 Dornier Do.X
Minicraft
1/144 Boeing B-29 Superfortress
1/144 Boeing C-143 Clipper
1/144 Boeing VC-137
1/144 Douglas VC-138
1/144 Lockheed VC-121E Constellation
OKD
1/144 Ilyushin Il-76D Candid
Revell
1/200 Boeing SST Supersonic Clipper
1/144 BAC/Sud Est Concorde
1/144 BAe 146-100 STA Transporter
1/144 Boeing B-52H Stratofortress
1/144 MDD C-17A Globemaster
1/144 Northrop B2 Spirit
S&M
1/144 Vickers Viscount
Trumpeter
1/144 Tupolev Tu-160 Blackjack
Unknown Resin
1/144 BAe Nimrod MR3

Regards,
Bruce
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

BWP,Brews and Melin welcome aboard guys, Bruce that is one nice list of kits to choose from how are you going to decide which kits to build? Brews that Spruce Goose would be nice to see built at 1/200 how big is the finished plane?BWP no need to rush with your choice of kit there is plenty of time and Bruce has given a good choice of kits there for anyone who might wont to buy a kit for the build.

Martin
BEEN A WHILE
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

I suppose I'm not keen on lots of white, or lashings of metal and the 'odd' scales don't really appeal at the moment. I might also discount the larger items, such as the B-2 and B-52.

As you mentioned, I did post my list to try and inspire those who may be stuck for ideas.

Regards,
Bruce
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

Good grief! There I was wondering when I'd find time to join in, but checking the calendar shows this isn't until next year!! I'll make a choice then...... :roll:
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Tommy
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Tommy »

I am in, but since it is 4-engine, which means big, then I'll go with something in 1/144 scale as I am space challenged. I'll do one or more of these:

F-RSIN (Plastic) Breguet Br.763 Deux Ponts (Provence) "Air France"

F-RSIN SNCASE SE 161 Languedoc "Air France"

F-RSIN Short Sandrigham "Norwegian Airlines" or "SAS"

A group build will motivate me to get on the ball and build them.

Tommy

Return to “Four or More Engines GB”