Sign-up and Chat

Aircraft with Four or More engines.
Runs: February 1st 2012 - March 18th 2012
GB Leaders: bromo, SJPONeill
ollieholmes
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Re: Sign-up and Chat

Post by ollieholmes »

MerlinJones wrote:Yo Ollie! Long time, no see...and good it is to hear from you again.

No, you can't join in, so beggar orf, you cheeky young sweat! :mrgreen:

Regards,
Bruce
I have been lurking and modeling but lifes liking to keep me busy with other things.
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Welcome aboard Ollie, get a thread open and start building.
BEEN A WHILE
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

In most of the period photos on the Halifax, it appears the landing gear struts are black to match the lower surfaces. Is that correct?

***sorted***
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

On behalf of myself and Bromo (out out of the country and the other about to be) and on the last days of the GB, I'd like to thank everyone who signed up and had a crack at a larger model that we normally see in GBs - more power to all those who completed their target build build, and hoping to see work continue on the builds for those like me who didn't make it...Bromo and I have really enjoyed DBLing this one and both of us feel a little stink that our real lives have intruded somewhat into those duties.

I think that everyone who has participated has proved that we can turn our some pretty damn nice larger models in the allocated time frame without undue stress (well, no more than usual!!) and I hope this means that we'll have a good turn out for the Revell A400M SKGB later in the year (just kidding - we already agreed on the Heller HMS Victory! Still just kidding...). It's been a lot of fun and even though my GB completion record remains at zero, I still got a lot out of the GB and find having a focussed build pushes me harder (obviously not hard enough!!) to progress a specific build rather than follow the twinges of my modelling ADHD...oh. look another chicken!!

Thanks, everyone, for particpating and supporting the GB...

Simon
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Jagewa
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Jagewa »

Thanks for leading this GB Bromo and Simon, some great builds, well done everyone.

I will potter away on the Stirling, I'll post the continuing build somewhere on here..

Cheers
Jim
Narayan
If anyone needs me, I'll be in my office

Post by Narayan »

Jagewa wrote:Thanks for leading this GB Bromo and Simon, some great builds, well done everyone.

Cheers
Jim
What he said.

More effort, more aluminium and more aircrew went into the Liberator than into any other flying machine ever built.

A:B
2012 03:01 2009 19:16
2011 11:10 2008 16:03
2010 44:12

Overall 176:47
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I'd like to add my thanks to Bromo and Simon for dreaming this GB up. It's been my first and hopefully won't be my last participation in a GB. I've found it to be great fun, even though I didn't finish. I really enjoyed taking part including looking at everyone's efforts, seeing their problems and how they overcame them and seeing the finished products of those who are somewhat quicker builders than yours truly. Many thanks to those who followed my efforts and made comments, quite a few of which had me laughing. Great stuff and kudos to the finishers!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I'll let this GB sit here a few more days, say until Friday, to let a few of you that are almost there finish up ....
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

OOOH, Why didn't I see that post until today. I'll give it a go with one of the Vulcans.

All the best.

Greg.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Gregers wrote:OOOH, Why didn't I see that post until today.
Because you just drop in dump your washing and leave! You never write, you never call..! :mrgreen:
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

LOL. Usually I sneak on here whilst at work so I don't post much. I'll try and get the Vulcan done but I ain't promissing.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I'm going to close this one up Friday evening, doesn't appear the extension benefited many.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

The extension idea was a good one John. Alas of no benefit to me as recently I've had far too much work and not enough fun time :evil:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

:grin: Well i am back, just! thank you to every one for taking part in this Group Build, i hope you all enjoyed it and had some fun along the way.
BEEN A WHILE

Return to “Four or More Engines GB”