Simon's Kastor

Aircraft with Four or More engines.
Runs: February 1st 2012 - March 18th 2012
GB Leaders: bromo, SJPONeill
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Simon's Kastor

Post by SJPONeill »

Something like that...the fuselage team finished before lunch and slipped away for an EKO expecting to come in on Monday to find a beautiful Spitfire-like elliptical wing from the wing design team...instead after a big night at the beer cellar...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

There is a hatch in the upper port side fuselage - I'm assuming that it is a carryobe over from the 139 so that mail bags could be handed up to a shore party on a wharf or up on to a ship either way it doesn't seem to have much purpose on a land plane and, in any case, the fit isn't that good so I have Milliputted it in place and will sand it flush with the fuselage - sorry, forgot to take a pic before I left home this morning...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

Finally got some modelling time last night! Sanding the cowling joins and also sanded off what was left of the sprue stubs from the port wing; other wing had a couple of splits along the seam so was last seen last night all clamped up to ensure the repair takes...
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

Hey, look, same final post from my Stinger build! Damn, I'm lazy...

Well, it's the last day and I'm not done but I see this as progress - historically my GBs are undone at the last moment by a variation on the theme of modelling disaster. This build was actually running quite well but has simply been undone by external influences like a particularly busy period at work where I am currently working close to 80 hour weeks - it's interesting and productive work with good remuneration but leaves me somewhat fatigued in what's left of my waking hours. This will go on until mid-June when normal services will be resumed...

I don't think I was over-confident in opting to build two kits in this GB - both had their issues but are not THAT challenging and so they shall continue in my work bench thread...

Don't be surprised to see some of that extra remuneration diverted into my runaway stash and I am resolving to finish this year (2012) all my outstanding GB kits...

Return to “Four or More Engines GB”