BROMO'S HALIFAX Mk 1/11

Aircraft with Four or More engines.
Runs: February 1st 2012 - March 18th 2012
GB Leaders: bromo, SJPONeill
bromo
On a long, long journey

Re: BROMO'S HALIFAX Mk 1/11

Post by bromo »

Airfix really should sell that Tractor and bomb trolley's as a seperate kit, then you could buy a new tool Stirling and still have the tractor and bomb trolley's best of both worlds then.
BEEN A WHILE
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Yes indeedy. I know someone who bought an Airfix Sterling mainly to get the bomb trolleys for another project. I strongly suspect he's not the only one to have done that :grin:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

They could offer say two tractors and ten trolley's complete with different size bombs for say the price of a series two kit,i would buy some perhaps we should start e-mailing Airfix??
BEEN A WHILE
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by SJPONeill »

It's a good idea and I'm surprised not one that they have already picked up on...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

I hate white :evil: blinking horrid colour,right rant over the painting of the airframe is complete, thank god.Two cans of Humbrol rattle can gloss white its took (cost £10.00) the extra dark sea grey is actually an old can of Humbrol enamel primer i found up the loft its not far off colour wise and i needed to save some time,
and a shot of my favourite colour.... not!
the wings are only dry fitted for the pictures the fit is excellent the tail planes are done these are also an excellent fit,
bits and pieces left to do now,undercarriage is part built,nose and cockpit glazing done,radiator intakes and props ready to go.
Both turrets need masking and painting and all the sticky out bits need to go on.This is going to be tight,at least all the decals are on :grin: I have until next Sunday with this as on the 12th i fly out to Turkmenistan for two weeks,so the turret glazing is coming to work with me for masking tomorrow.Thanks for looking
BEEN A WHILE
TomW

Post by TomW »

That is a mighty fine looking Halifax you've got there Bromo, the white looks great :grin: one of the best schemes on a British heavy.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Cheers Tom, it is a very nice colour scheme and i will have to build some more types in the coastal command scheme. I have a Monogram 1/48th Liberator in the stash if i can source some decals i would like to do that in the scheme.As for the new Revell Halifax,another will be purchased to build the Bomber Command version the fit is fantastic and i cant recommend it enough.
BEEN A WHILE
Jagewa

Post by Jagewa »

Looking really nice, it is a great scheme, I'll have to add it to the 'one day' list of schemes. :)

Cheers
Jim
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I have found that the Tamiya Fine White Primer is the best undercoat for that sort of work, and is good enough for the finish itself.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Good looking finish Bromo, the Coastal Command scheme always looks good on heavies IMHO. Since you've obviously got your eye in with the white I'll send you a 747 fuselage to paint up for me if you like, whilst I get on with the rest :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Narayan
If anyone needs me, I'll be in my office

Post by Narayan »

Looking good Bromo. I know what you mean about white paint!

More effort, more aluminium and more aircrew went into the Liberator than into any other flying machine ever built.

A:B
2012 03:00 2009 19:16
2011 11:10 2008 16:03
2010 44:12

Overall 176:46
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Nice work Bromo. She's a fine looking aircraft.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Molly-new

Post by Molly-new »

Coming together nicely. I appreciate the annoyance with the white paint, been there and done it. :roll:
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Thanks every one, sorry Shaun i have had enough of white paint for a while :lol:
BEEN A WHILE
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: my nice bright white paint now has a very yellow tinge to it :twisted: as victor said "I dont believe it"all that time and effort down the pan. I took the model to work this morning so i could spray the matt varnish on,bottom surfaces masked to remain gloss.Humbrol rattle can matt varnish nicely warmed at the risk of life and limb on the electric heater in the office,3 minutes of shaking and off we spray.First coat applied and then left to dry while i got on with my work,when i returned 2 hours later i thought it might be the artifical light so off into the day light,and !!!!! yep a nice hue of yellow.Now its not an old can,bought about two months ago.To be honest i feel like throwing it in the bin,along with all the other stuff up the loft and perhaps taking up fishing,i see other people getting better build by build,while i seem to be going backwards.I spent two hours in the week bent over the magnifier cutting masking tape on the two turrets and then painting them,what a waste,its the money side as well with the cost of the kit and then paint were talking well over 30 quid.
Well i wont be finished by Sunday,and i doubt whether it will ever be done,my choices are strip it and start again,or overpaint and do the night bomber option? i just dont know i'm off to drown me sorrows anyway. :cry:
BEEN A WHILE

Return to “Four or More Engines GB”