Motley's Lancaster Part 2 - Dambuster

Aircraft with Four or More engines.
Runs: February 1st 2012 - March 18th 2012
GB Leaders: bromo, SJPONeill
Motley
Active Participant

Re: Motley's Lancaster Part 2 - Dambuster

Post by Motley »

ShaunW wrote:I've just got back today after being away for the weekend and half expected to see this built and finished :grin: Don't let things click in your head Motley, turn your brain off when considering projects, I find it works wonders :-D
I do work quick when i can work, but i really only get a day or two maybe three, of modelling time a week usually towards the end of the week and part of the weekend, soo their might be abit of progess in the next few days :) and Shaun im mad enough already to let things click its why ive ended up with the project in the first place :ha:
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Jagewa
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Jagewa »

Your 617 project is a great idea, the Vulcan in 72nd will be a biggun.

Cheers
Jim
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Jagewa wrote:Your 617 project is a great idea, the Vulcan in 72nd will be a biggun.

Cheers
Jim
Its a made idea, espeically when i reach the point of each sub type with 617 flying 4 different types of Vulcan and 3+ types of Lanc, i sometimes think where my common sense has gone off to :ha:
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Slowly plodding along with this one, got abit annoyed with it the other day so put it back in the box for awhile and started 3 Hurricanes instead but im back working on it. Got abit more work done on it today and finally starting to move forward and its looking more like a plane now :ha: Well this is where it stands at the moment:

As you can see the turrets are all build up and done, the cockpit is all painted and build with the two fuselarge halves now firmly stuck together, also stuck together now are the wings, the outer engines and the tail bits, the props are at the paint stage and im just starting to work on the rest of the front of the engine and the bomb itself is together now and has been wrapped in abit of tape to get rid of the wooden plank effect which others have said is wrong. Quite abit on it done but still not half way but im starting to enjoy it again soo its all good and i still have yet to decide which markings to do it in :ha:

Tom :)
TomW

Post by TomW »

You're making some good progress on this Lanc Tom, keep at it and she'll look great!

Regards

Tom (the other one :ha: )
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
Jagewa

Post by Jagewa »

It'll come together quick now, all the bigs bits are together. Looking good.

Cheers
Jim
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

Motley wrote: i sometimes think where my common sense has gone off to :ha:
I keep mine in a locked box under the bed with clearly marked instructions that it is not to be opened except in extreme emergencies...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Hi Tom

Yours is looking a lot better than mine, I have just spent the whole day just cutting out windows and trying to detail the cockpit, I think it is one of those kits that just fly together at the last stages, you spend lots of time on each sub assembly and all of a sudden its complete.

I can't see me finishing mine before the GB ends, but I will plod on as it's not a bad kit.

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

I second what Splash said once all the sub assemblies are done she will fly together,its looking good so far.
BEEN A WHILE

Return to “Four or More Engines GB”