Motley's Lancaster Part 2 - Dambuster

Aircraft with Four or More engines.
Runs: February 1st 2012 - March 18th 2012
GB Leaders: bromo, SJPONeill
Motley
Active Participant

Motley's Lancaster Part 2 - Dambuster

Post by Motley »

Hope this is okay with Bromo im planning on doing 2 kits for the GB. First ive got my mini Lanc which i have in another topic but fingers crossed ill have time and the will to build my first ever 4 engine heavy in 1/72, the Airfix Lancaster BI Special :) Heres the boxing i have of the kit, its the Dambusters 60th Anniversary set,

Which markings im going to do i have yet to decide as i think i have atleast 3 diffferent options to choose from. Hopefully ill get this one done and it will be my first step on my 617 project too :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
ian lanc
Active Participant

Re: Motley's Lancaster Part 2 - Dambuster

Post by ian lanc »

Motley wrote:Which markings im going to do i have yet to decide as i think i have atleast 3 diffferent options to choose from.
Motley !

Do your Dambuster as one of the lesser known coded Lanc' ;-) Far too many AJ *G's knocking about :roll:

Ian.
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

ian lanc wrote:
Motley wrote:Which markings im going to do i have yet to decide as i think i have atleast 3 diffferent options to choose from.
Motley !

Do your Dambuster as one of the lesser known coded Lanc' ;-) Far too many AJ *G's knocking about :roll:

Ian.
Ian that my thinking, id rather have a lesser known Lanc than Gibsons, ill have to see what the markings i have aree :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

You do as many builds as you like my friend.
BEEN A WHILE
DH-Drover
Active Participant

Post by DH-Drover »

I have a set of AJ*N (Les Knight) that I would like to swap for AJ*P ("Mickey" Martin).

Dai
Life or Death there no other options.
Indian Proverb.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Another one Motley? you've got a bit of a four engine production line going and I bet you finish before I get the wings on my effort :)
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

ShaunW wrote:Another one Motley? you've got a bit of a four engine production line going and I bet you finish before I get the wings on my effort :)
Yepp another one :-D and this is the start of my 617 Sqn project too but im trying to finish my entry for the Shark Mouth Gb first before starting this, but its half term next week so should get abit done then :)
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Loads and loads of time left then for a speed builder like you mate :lol: you may be able to fit a Grand slam Lanc in as well, :ha:
BEEN A WHILE
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

bromo wrote:Loads and loads of time left then for a speed builder like you mate :lol: you may be able to fit a Grand slam Lanc in as well, :ha:
Bromo dont tempted me as that is another one in the project too :ha: , 617 Sqn have flown quite a few 4 engined heavies when i think about, damn it Bromo you've got me thinking now :ha:
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Lancaster production line perhaps?
BEEN A WHILE
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Thought id better put a quick picture of the sprues up:

Hopefully ill be able to make a start on this one in the morning. Ive just got to decide which aircraft to build though as i have decals for the following planes;

AJ J - Maltby
AJ G - Gibson
AJ S - Burpee
AJ A - Young

Just got to work out which one to go with noww. Im really looking forward to this build if im honest, ive never build a model this big soo its going to be different for me, just hope it all gos good and i have no problems :)
TomW
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by TomW »

Treat each section as its own kit and you won't go far wrong Motley. Thats the way I work on large aircraft like these.

Oh and my vote (not that there is a vote, but I want to vote, please let me vote :ha: ) goes for AJ*A.

Regards

Tom
Veni, Venari, Vamoosi

Coastal Command SIG Leader 2012 - 2016

We'll call him Dinghy Watts...... - Paul Bradley

2016 A:B = 29:11
2015 A:B = 38:14
2014 A:B = 25:9
2013 A:B = 20:17
2012 A:B = I didn't keep score
2011 A:B = 39:11
2010 A:B = 51:10
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

As Tom said, its a good kit that builds very nicely.
BEEN A WHILE
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Ive now started this one, i do a picture ill upload later, ive so far managed to build the two turrets, and remove the engine, wings and the fuselage pieces from the sprue and clean them up and ive managed to paint the inside of the cockpit and put the pilots seat together too :)

While i got bored i taped it all together to see how big it is and woww its rather big, its only now clicked in my head how mad my 617 Sqn project really is :ha:
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

I've just got back today after being away for the weekend and half expected to see this built and finished :grin: Don't let things click in your head Motley, turn your brain off when considering projects, I find it works wonders :-D
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “Four or More Engines GB”