Blitzbau IX Rules, Sign-Up, and Chat

JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Blitzbau IX Rules, Sign-Up, and Chat

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Here's the usual rules -- your GB Leader, MattBacon, will fix them up as he sees fit.

Any time from Monday 1 August through Wednesday 31 August.

Any subject, any scale, any kit -- unstarted.

Built in a 24-hour period (not 24 building hours). The only alternative, AKA the "wuss" or "senior-citizen" option, is to break the build into TWO approximately equal sessions on consecutive days and the gap between sessions shouldn't be much more than 12 hours.

Photos to be taken with a visible clock, at reasonable intervals throughout the build to document progress -- one hour is typical but may be a bit much -- but do remember the more frequent the posting, the better the interaction and that's what a Blitzbau is all about.

A gallery photo should be posted of the "state of play" at the end of 24 hours, which should also be posted WITHIN 24 hours of "finishing".

Extra non-credit is given for uniqueness of the clock and the on-plate presentation of the meals to be consumed, among other things.

As always, sign-up here then create your own thread when you are ready. It's always good to create your thread a few days early and give your intentions so others can schedule watching time.

As always, Have Fun !!!
Motley
Active Participant

Re: Blitzbau IX Rules, Sign-Up, and Chat

Post by Motley »

Well im signing up for this one :) ill have to wait a little while before starting got to wait till pay day on the 12th (i think) for some moneys, then im doing my monthly shopping and will pick up my subject to build then, most likely a Spitifre BT-K or a Hurricane of some sort :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
mattbacon
Too Cheerful To Be A JMN

Post by mattbacon »

Just a reminder to everyone... although we are pretty strict about the actual build times - 24 hours straight or 2x12 - taking and posting photos etc, ANY AMOUNT of non-building/painting prior preparation is POSITIVELY ENCOURAGED. Examples include:

1) reading the instructions repeatedly, noting any planned variations from them
2) translating and annotating paint colours to your preferred brands
3) finding and printing out any reference material you are going to use
4) examining the parts in minute detail to ensure all are present and correct, and noting any potential gotchas on the instructions
5) buying any needed paints/other supplies
6) finding an putting in the box any parts (eg pilots) you intend to rob from other kits
7) washing and drying your plastic on the runners, if you do that sort of thing

... and a special one which I'm definitely allowing - stripping the chromed parts of a car kit if you plan to do so (no repainting it again, mind...)

Personally, I find that "rehearsing" the build in my mind, with instructions to hand, will help things go more smoothly on the day, but that's just me!

bestest,
M.
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

I've rounded up the usual suspects and looking at the calender. I may just chose a non-aircraft subject this time around.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

Can't resist a Blitz. The little Ians say I can do this on a sunny day. That way they can be outside while I am in the conservatory (sweating to death, no doubt!) and I can keep an eye on them. This will obviously mean taking breaks to cook for them and clean up after them and stop them from drowning each other, etc, etc. But even so, I reckon a 1:48 ICM -109 should be do-able in the time. No 'girly' 12 & 12 here. I'm a 24 hour man.
Will start a thread once the weatherman is kind enough to provide me with decent weather.
I might even post some pics of all the builds I've completed since I last posted. Apart from the usual plastic aircraft, there are some very interesting paper tanks to share.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
smethwick
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by smethwick »

I'm in,

Its gonna be a A7V, Sturm Panzer from Emhar

More details, dates etc to follow, but it will be a Saturday.
An ounce of loyalty is worth a pound of cleverness.
Elbert Hubbard
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

smethwick wrote:I'm in,

Its gonna be a A7V, Sturm Panzer from Emhar

More details, dates etc to follow, but it will be a Saturday.
Now that's cool!!!! 8-)
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
IrishAir
Active Participant

Post by IrishAir »

Ian wrote:Can't resist a Blitz. The little Ians say I can do this on a sunny day. That way they can be outside while I am in the conservatory (sweating to death, no doubt!) and I can keep an eye on them. This will obviously mean taking breaks to cook for them and clean up after them and stop them from drowning each other, etc, etc. But even so, I reckon a 1:48 ICM -109 should be do-able in the time. No 'girly' 12 & 12 here. I'm a 24 hour man.
Will start a thread once the weatherman is kind enough to provide me with decent weather.
I might even post some pics of all the builds I've completed since I last posted. Apart from the usual plastic aircraft, there are some very interesting paper tanks to share.
Your blitzbuilds are my favourite things to read :)

Cheers,
Paul
There's always room for improvement...... and I got plenty of space to fill
jssel

Post by jssel »

Great choice, Brews. I have built several. The last one just a few months ago using the latest release. I did white 11 with the yellow band around the nose. Still a great kit.

flakmonkey
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by flakmonkey »

Suitable victim to be selected this weekend, finally getting through my mountain of work so I can get back to making a model very shortly.
Would ya like to learn to fly? Would ya? Would you like to see me try?
TimJ

Post by TimJ »

I'm in. Just need to find something suitable and decide on a date.
2020 A:35 B:18. 2021 A: 51 B:25 C:21 2022 A:63 B:23 C:11 2024 A:9 B:4 C:15
flakmonkey

Post by flakmonkey »

The victim will be a Dragon Fw-190F-8 with late war markings courtesy of masking film stencils. Maybe I will correct the undercarriage, maybe not. The kit is the slipper tank boxing. I won't be using the slipper tanks. Start pencilled in for Wednesday 10th August.
Would ya like to learn to fly? Would ya? Would you like to see me try?
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

I'm in Hasegawa 1/72 scale Mig 25 Foxbat, I will start the build this week most likely 9th.August
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

IrishAir wrote:
Ian wrote:Can't resist a Blitz. The little Ians say I can do this on a sunny day. That way they can be outside while I am in the conservatory (sweating to death, no doubt!) and I can keep an eye on them. This will obviously mean taking breaks to cook for them and clean up after them and stop them from drowning each other, etc, etc. But even so, I reckon a 1:48 ICM -109 should be do-able in the time. No 'girly' 12 & 12 here. I'm a 24 hour man.
Your blitzbuilds are my favourite things to read :)

Cheers,
Paul
I don't know what to say......
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
jssel

Post by jssel »

Mine will run between the 14 and the 20th. The Airfix Saladin Mk2 Armoured Car A02325. I'll start my thread as soon as I lock down the precise start.

Just realized how stupid that sounded. I just meant that I would start sometime during that week. I will do a straight 24 hour build.

Return to “Blitzbau IX August 2011”