Motley's Hurried Hurricane

AndrewR
In the basement lab

Re: Motley's Hurried Hurricane

Post by AndrewR »

Great finish on that one Motley. And speedily done :)
Up in the Great White North
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

5 hours and 47 minutes? That is amazing! I know the new Airfix Hurri's are nice kits but 5:47? I am gobsmacked!
It looks great. I presume you used acrylics? If they were the Humbrol ones, then even more hats off to you.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone :)
Dirkpitt289 wrote:Sweet,

Off to relax? I thought that's why you build models. After 5 hours you should be plenty relaxed. :ha:
It does relax me Dirk, but i meant more along the lines of being a teenager and laying on the sofa watching rubbish tv :ha:
Ian wrote:5 hours and 47 minutes? That is amazing! I know the new Airfix Hurri's are nice kits but 5:47? I am gobsmacked!
It looks great. I presume you used acrylics? If they were the Humbrol ones, then even more hats off to you.
Yes i was using acrylics as all my models are painted with, i used a mix of Humbrol and Revell but the main areas were Humbrol, and 5 hours and 47 minutes isnt my record for completing a model either :ha:

As i said before i really enjoyed the build and it has brought back my mojo for sure, would it be okay if i did another Blitz before the end? :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

Motley wrote: would it be okay if i did another Blitz before the end? :)
Now that's a silly question.
Mojo-a-gogo!
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....

Return to “Blitzbau IX August 2011”