Motley's Hurried Hurricane Part 2

Motley
Active Participant

Motley's Hurried Hurricane Part 2

Post by Motley »

In the chat thread i mentioned i was going to have another go at this Blitzing buisness but on the date i set i got called out to help build a trampoline so didnt have time to blitz, so today seeing as it is a lovely bank holiday im going to go for again with another Hurricane but this time a Revell Mk IIc,

At the moment im thinking of going with the SEAC scheme but that could change :ha:, im going to be starting this at 12:00, so leaves me 45 minutes to get things together and get ready to go, wish me luck :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
TimJ
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Motley's Hurried Hurricane Part 2

Post by TimJ »

Best of luck with this one. It should go together easily enough.
2020 A:35 B:18. 2021 A: 51 B:25 C:21 2022 A:63 B:23 C:11 2024 A:9 B:4 C:15
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Before the start id thought i put up a quick picture of the sprues, all nicely moulded with some slight flash that will need to be cleaned up but it all looks good, quite abit more detailed that the other Airfix Hurricane i did for my other Blitz :)

"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

And off we gooo :)

Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Looking forward to all these Blitz's today. Great stuff.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

So here we are after the first hour, the cockpit has all been painted and the fuselarge is stuck together with the centre of the wing stuck to it, the underwing tanks are stuck to the under sides of the wings and the tops of the wings have been cleaned up and are about to be stuck to the under sides, only a few bits left before the paint job is applied, think i am going to stick with the SEAC scheme for this Hurricane :)

TimJ

Post by TimJ »

:shock: You're fairly cracking along with this one. You'll be finished before me at this rate.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

I agree with Tim, You are cruising along on this one
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Here is the 2 hour update, none much done this hour tbh, sorted out the filters and stuck them on and painted the nose cone, main reason for not much progress was a rather large lunch break, :ha: but back to work on it properly now :)

Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Looks like im going to have to put this model on hold now, and looks like i wont be able to finish the this Blitz :( ive been called into work for a few hours to help out :( (buts its time and half so means more to buy models with :-D ) and then going out tonight so looks like im going to have to finish this off another time :( atleast i was able to complete one Blitz :) defo going to do more in the future just a shame this one wasnt meant to be, :(
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Great progress on this one. Really nice.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
TimJ

Post by TimJ »

You were doing so well too. Shame you won't be able to finish it in time. :sad:

Return to “Blitzbau IX August 2011”