Phil's Fail, sorta...

Runs: August 22nd to September 18th
philp
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Phil's Fail, sorta...

Post by philp »

Besides not being able to pick which kit I wanted to do for this I had a Review kit that needed to be done and I told myself would have to finish it first.

Well, got it done last night so how much time is left in the GB? That much, oh well.

Anyway, here is what I had to get done.

(by the way, what is wrong with this picture?)

It is the new Moebius kit which looks pretty good. I did have a few fit issues (which could be my fault) and the decal placement instructions suck but otherwise a decent build.

One thing missing from the kit is the Pan Am markings. I picked up the Acreation Models decals from Culttvman because it just has to have them. Decals worked well but there are no instructions for placement. Even went to their website and looks like they are coming (but not soon enough for me). Luckily, there are plenty of images from the movie on the web and many other builds to look at.

So, did you figure out what was wrong with the first pic yet?

I masked the fuselage windows with liquid Mastermask and forgot to take it off before starting the pictures. :roll:
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Re: Phil's Fail, sorta...

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

WOW, that's a wild looking kit.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
philp
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Phil's Fail, sorta...

Post by philp »

Nope, kit was started over a month before the GB started and had been held up while I tried to fix the fit issues I had, then the US Nats, etc.

That is why I don't count it as part of the GB though total build time on it was only about a week.

Return to “Sci-Fi GB”