Revell Spitfire Mk V in 1/72 scale

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
LarryH57
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Revell Spitfire Mk V in 1/72 scale

Post by LarryH57 »

I have been gifted a Revell Spitfire Mk V kit, with clipped wing options, that has no prop and no canopy. I'm wondering what conversation possibilities there are for it - or if any other 1/72 Spitfire kits out there can offer duplicate parts that might be of use?
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Revell Spitfire Mk V in 1/72 scale

Post by iggie »

Whereabouts are you Larry; I'm sure I (and many others) will have spares to suit......

Otherwise, as far as conversions are concerned, an open topped glider springs to mind :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
VMA131Marine
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Re: Revell Spitfire Mk V in 1/72 scale

Post by VMA131Marine »

The Airfix Mk.Va and Mk.I/II Spitfire kits have optional props and spinners. Particularly, the Mk.I/II kit has a prop and pointy deHavilland spinner that is not used for any of the kit marking options and would be appropriate for some Mk.Vb's. The Airfix Mk.Va kit has options to build a Mk.Va and a Mk.II (technically, the only version you can build accurately is the Mk.II). The Mk.II uses the blunt Rotol spinner and if this option is used then there is a pointy deHavilland spinner and prop leftover for the Mk.Va option. You might have trouble finding another canopy that fits the Revell kit. Someone with the kit might be able to "smash-form" a copy for you, or look for an aftermarket Falcon or Squadron vac canopy.
WIP Hasegawa 1/72 Yak-3, Hasegawa 1/72 Polikarpov I-16 Type 24, Hasegawa 1/72 J2M3 Raiden, Hasegawa 1/72 Mosquito NF.2, Airfix 1/48 Mosquito NF.30
Last kit completed: Hasegawa 1/72 Yakovlev Yak-3

Return to “Aviation Modelling”