Bristol 170 Freighter; Airfix 1/72

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
bobblelink
Active Participant

Re: Bristol 170 Freighter; Airfix 1/72

Post by bobblelink »

lovely restoration
currently on the go: Revell Blenheim I, Italeri Me210, Revell HMS victory, Revell 1/144 p-47
completions in 2012:8, completions in 2013: 13, Completions in 2014:10, Completions in 2015: 9, Completions in 2016: 8, Completions in 2017: 9, Completions in 2018: 12, completions in 2019:7, completions in 2020: 17
Stupot
Pottering around

Post by Stupot »

I like it. As others have said its a nice restoration. Interesting colour scheme too.

Stu :)
Old fashioned paint brush user.
LarryH57
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by LarryH57 »

I had a flight in a Bristol Freighter across the Channel in 1967. When the pilot ran up the engines for take off, the Starboard Bristol Hercules engine blew a cylinder and it belched out black smoke. Its a good job we were not airborne as I doubt it would have flown well on one engine with a load consisting of three cars and about a dozen passengers. Still without a fuss we passengers just changed planes and carried on as if nothing had happened!
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

LarryH57 wrote:I had a flight in a Bristol Freighter across the Channel in 1967. When the pilot ran up the engines for take off, the Starboard Bristol Hercules engine blew a cylinder and it belched out black smoke. Its a good job we were not airborne as I doubt it would have flown well on one engine with a load consisting of three cars and about a dozen passengers. Still without a fuss we passengers just changed planes and carried on as if nothing had happened!
What? No counselling? No compensation for the stress and inconvenience? :shock: :shock: How on earth did you manage? :shock:

How times have changed.....not always for the better :roll:

(I must admit though, if a Hercules is going to give a cylinder the old heave ho, it's probably best done on the ground! :-D )
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"

Return to “Aviation Modelling”