Airfix 1/72 Aichi D3A1 'Val'

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Re: Airfix 1/72 Aichi D3A1 'Val'

Post by Stuart »

Superb build Zee!
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

My Blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
PTB11
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by PTB11 »

Wow! Thats a beauty.
Regards, Paddy.

On The Bench
Fujimi 1/72 A-7E Corsair II
Zee28

Post by Zee28 »

Thanks everyone for all the encouraging comments, you flatter me, but I don't think I can be compared to Vacant. After all, you can give him a chair leg, a kitchen sink and an old pair of trousers and he'll turn it into a perfect 1/72 Farley Fruitbat Mk.2(a) in about ten minutes! I just glue simple old kits together and paint 'em, any one of you could do it better I'm sure.
ShaunW wrote:Following on from the interesting discussion about these red box reissues over on Small Talk, I agree that the decals alone are worth the price of the kit and certainly IMHO the much improved quality thereof over the original decals that came with these kits makes for a much more enjoyable classic build experience - no need to go hunting for aftermarket markings and adding to the expense (the latter being particularly important to a tightwad like me :ha: ).
Thanks Shaun, that was exactly the point I was trying to get across on the Red Box discussion over on Small Talk! You, and many others, have grasped my point. The discussion started to shift more onto the question of whether old kits should be released by the manufacturers in new boxes that might be misleading as to the origins of the contents. And, to be fair, that is a relevant point, but I was really trying to get the bottom of whether Airfix were going to continue with the re-releases or whether, from now on, they are going to focus solely on the Newer Toolings only. Also, as a CBK fan, I wanted to point out how much had enjoyed these re-issues over the last few years, and was wondering if I was alone in that?

But there's a couple of people on this thread now going to buy the re-issue of the Aichi and poor Splash is missing the 1/76 AFVs that could be re-issued does illustrate my point that I am not alone in my appreciation of these re-issues. Certainly not enough of us to make Airfix reconsider their policy, but still s few missed sales I suppose.....

If it's OK with you mate, I'll quote this post within the discussion on Small Talk to further it. If you have any objections to this, let me know and I'll remove it.

Thanks again everyone, you've been most kind.

Zee28
celt

Post by celt »

Well tidy again Zee28,well tidy indeed.
Regards celt.
Miss-Stang
Active Participant

Post by Miss-Stang »

Great work Zee. That's a really striking little plane there.

Weathering is always optional, I actually like my planes a little weathered. But to be honest I'd rather see a clean well finished build like yours than one that has been 'over-weathered' ;-)
Regards,

Miss-Stang

Return to “Aviation Modelling”