1/72 scale Lindberg He-219 Uhu

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
Clashcityrocker
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: 1/72 scale Lindberg He-219 Uhu

Post by Clashcityrocker »

Great looking aircraft, and a super paint job. Love it.

Nigel
pmmaker
Active Participant

Post by pmmaker »

PropWash wrote:That's really nice, Allan. Really nice. 8-) Shall I send you my old IXO He-219 for you to do a Code-3 on it? :mrgreen:
Anytime Bret! ;-) You know I'd love to do it!

pmmaker
The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad"
Alice: “I’m afraid so. . . you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. . . All the BEST people are.”
pmmaker
Active Participant

Post by pmmaker »

FAAMAN wrote:You are a brave man building this Uhu :shock: I can remember several being binned by disheartened mates when I was a lot younger, couldn't understand why as it's a bit better than the Revell H-160 (1966) offering and quit a bit better than the Frog F-177 kit of the same year.
Great work on this, nicely finished 8-) 8-) :pilot:
Thanks. Not sure if bravery was involved or just plain insanity. I like doing difficult paint schemes like this. I have the Revell kit waiting to be done.

The reverse blotch camo (not sure of its correct name) is accurate, the colours of the Uhu were revealed when the Smithsonian removed the wing fillets revealing the camo as shown in your pic. At present they are working on the wings and soon the only surviving Uhu will be completed!! :bounce:
I built the Revell Uhu way back (1980's) came out OK. ;-)

I used the pictures in this thread as a guide. My colors may be off, but I'm not that fussy when it comes to being 100% historically accurate. For me, close enough is generally close enough. When I build my Revell Uhu, I plan on using a more traditional mottled scheme.

There are accuracy issues with the Dragon Uhu's also, so we're left waiting for an 'accurate' 1/72 Uhu ;-) :roll:

Is there truly a 100% accurate model out there? Again, if it looks close to the real thing, I'm happy. All the small, minute details that may or may not be 100% correct are things I generally don't get too excited about. Thank you for taking the time to share your insights - they are appreciated.

pmmaker
The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad"
Alice: “I’m afraid so. . . you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. . . All the BEST people are.”
Lone Modeller

Post by Lone Modeller »

That is a model you do not see often. The camouflage pattern is truly excellent - my hat off to you for that sir! I agree that cheap kits can be fun etc build because there are so many options to choose from in terms of detailing: and if you do not like it then what has it cost? Better than binning them!
Zee28

Post by Zee28 »

Excellent paint job! I always admire people who take on these sort of colour schemes, nice one!

Zee28

Return to “Aviation Modelling”