So far this year...

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
johnsan
Modelling Gent and Scholar

So far this year...

Post by johnsan »

1/72 Hasegawa He-51

1/72 Airfix Hurricane II

1/72 Dragon Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.F(1)

Yeah, I know this last one hasn't any wings, but I build mostly (99%) aircraft and I'm just keeping track. I expect there will be one more tracked thingy and a starter truck this year.

and close to completion:

1/72 Italeri Re-2000

I'm not as prolific as most here, but I'm happy with my output.
Really nothing pithy to say.
Migrant
Happily Landed after Many Circuits and Bumps

Re: So far this year...

Post by Migrant »

I'd be happy with that output, too. Great work John, the Reggiane's looking superb. How's the Airfix 110 coming along?
johnsan

Post by johnsan »

Thanks, Mike.

I'm liking the Regianne, too. Funny. As much as I've complained about the surface detail, I'm thinking of building another of these kits. A very welcome consequence of redoing the surface detail was an overall sharpening of the kit's shape. I kept the scribing templates I made of this kit, so...

The 110 is almost completely rescribed. I set it to the back of the bench to finish the Reggiane. I need to make a few scribing templates for some of the more complex panels, but most of the scribing is complete. I also need to work on the interior and I've started detailing the landing gear bays. I expect the 110 will be done later this summer.
Really nothing pithy to say.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Great work here John.
Ernie
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Ernie »

Awesome work! I really like the camo on the He-51 and Re-2000, great stuff.
Ernie
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Really nice work as alwyas
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

SWEET!
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
RUSSELL MAY
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by RUSSELL MAY »

Nice RVW J!! REALLY LIKE THE PZR IV made 3 of BOLT ACTION KITS 1-56TH SHORT AND IV G VARIANT LONG BARREL (THAT gave the BR.8thARMY A TOUGH TIME in N.AFRICA!! ) just recently bought 2 W.DESERT 20MM KITS at toy fair up here in N.EAST GATESHD .... GRANT AND PZR IV AUSF G EXTORTION PRICE TBT !!! ALSO have couple of A'FIX 1-72 PZR IV Gs. One has been waiting an overdue DESERT CAM UP (as I base colour in PZRGRAU H67 then either AFRIKA-braun :REVELL COLOR or any HUMBROL STONE / DESERT YELLOW /LT TAN that I vary from TANK to TANK MODEL : to apply that DESERT SVC WEAR N TEAR ; WEATHERING TECHNIQUE/EFFECT ! NO right or wrong WAY to do this GUYS!!?? OK! YOUR BUILD LOOKS VERY GOOD ! NO ISS# WERMACHT ARMOUR HAS STYLE ALSO P UP a nice PZR IV 135 (someone else's build ) MY AIM to have a WARGAME PZR ARMEE ..... EVENTUALLY..LOL HUMBROL 83 84 93 AND 94 H72 AND 187 ALSO GD fr DESERT CAM ...THANKS GUYS!
RUSSELL MAY
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by RUSSELL MAY »

RUSSELL MAY wrote: April 8th, 2022, 5:41 pm Nice RVW J!! REALLY LIKE THE PZR IV made 3 of BOLT ACTION KITS 1-56TH SHORT AND IV G VARIANT LONG BARREL (THAT gave the BR.8thARMY A TOUGH TIME in N.AFRICA!! ) just recently bought 2 W.DESERT 20MM KITS at toy fair up here in N.EAST GATESHD .... GRANT AND PZR IV AUSF G EXTORTION PRICE TBT !!! ALSO have couple of A'FIX 1-72 PZR IV Gs. One has been waiting an overdue DESERT CAM UP (as I base colour in PZRGRAU H67 then either AFRIKA-braun :REVELL COLOR or any HUMBROL STONE / DESERT YELLOW /LT TAN that I vary from TANK to TANK MODEL : to apply that DESERT SVC WEAR N TEAR ; WEATHERING TECHNIQUE/EFFECT ! NO right or wrong WAY to do this GUYS!!?? OK! YOUR BUILD LOOKS VERY GOOD ! NO ISS# WERMACHT ARMOUR HAS STYLE ALSO P UP a nice PZR IV 135 (someone else's build ) MY AIM to have a WARGAME PZR ARMEE ..... EVENTUALLY..LOL HUMBROL 83 84 93 AND 94 H72 AND 187 ALSO GD fr DESERT CAM ...THANKS GUYS!
SOZ SEE ITS DRAGON KIT 20mm GD FINISH good decal /markings !!
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

One a month is pretty good going, especially when they're coming out at that build standard! I love the addition of the cockpit cover.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

VickersVandal wrote: April 8th, 2022, 10:28 pm One a month is pretty good going, especially when they're coming out at that build standard! I love the addition of the cockpit cover.
This is a zombie thread from 2011. There are a lot being resurrected at the moment. It's like the Night of the Living Dead Threads on here at the moment......
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

This is ancient history from before I joined, personally I don't think page 1 of this section should be cluttered up with all these old builds, good though they might be. This must have been dug up from page 1000 or something :ha:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Post by PaulBradley »

222, to be exact.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

PaulBradley wrote: April 8th, 2022, 10:40 pm
VickersVandal wrote: April 8th, 2022, 10:28 pm One a month is pretty good going, especially when they're coming out at that build standard! I love the addition of the cockpit cover.
This is a zombie thread from 2011. There are a lot being resurrected at the moment. It's like the Night of the Living Dead Threads on here at the moment......
:oops:

I really need to check the thread start dates....
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

VickersVandal wrote: April 9th, 2022, 11:36 am
PaulBradley wrote: April 8th, 2022, 10:40 pm
:oops:

I really need to check the thread start dates....
It's easy done, VV, working on the assumption that a thread on Page 1 of a section is something up to date. We have a new member here who is showing great enthusiasm but in doing so has unfortunately resurrected a bunch of really old stuff that has shoved a number of the latest builds onto Page 2.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “Aviation Modelling”