1/48th Minicraft Beechcraft Bonanza V35

Military or civil, triplanes, biplanes or monoplanes, props, jets or helicopters...models in here.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: 1/48th Minicraft Beechcraft Bonanza V35

Post by ShaunW »

Just in case some of you were wondering if this project had died, well no it hasn't but I haven't had much chance to do anything over the past few weeks. Even by my standards I seem to be building at a glacial rate at the moment.

Anyway I did manage to do something over the weekend in the way of getting the paintwork started. First job was to temporarily fit the vee tails and then to mask up the cabin windows. I initially used small strips of Tamiya masking tape, as evidenced on the entry door window in the pics (front side window in the first pic), but it took for ever. I then resorted to using wider Tamiya tape, cut to just over the size of each window and thereafter carefully pressed into the window aperture using a blunt pencil to take the shape before being trimmed up using a sharp blade. This greatly speeded up the procedure and I then sealed around the edges of the tape with Maskol fluid. The wingtip nav lights were also masked using Maskol. Prior to masking up the windscreen area, I laid in two strips of narrow Tamiya tape into the inside of the cabin roof to block the antenna holes.

After the masking, on went the first coat of white using a can of Revell matt that was lurking in the paint drawers. Following the painting there are now a few dust gremlins to face the wrath of Micromesh and a little work is also needed on a couple of joins. I'll put on another white coat before turning my attention to the blue and orange and for the latter I may well use the kit decals, it depends on the complexity of the masking, the weather, what time sunrise is etc etc. Then again, I might paint in red stripes and leave it red and white, one of my favourite colour combinations for GA aircraft.

That's it for the moment and I'll try to finish this before Christmas :grin:

Thanks for looking.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
MerlinJones

Re: 1/48th Minicraft Beechcraft Bonanza V35

Post by MerlinJones »

Keep at it and don't stop and it will be finished.

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “Aviation Modelling”