bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Re: Bluesteels OOB Angel

Post by bluesteel »

MerlinJones wrote:Looks alwight to me!

Regards, (ducking from hurled missile),
Bruce
Aaaargh! You jinxed it..... It's all gone allwrong now... :lol:

It was looking very good when I left for work this morning, a very smooth finish. But when I got back this evening and was just about to start masking for the back and red and discovered the paint has become all crazed and rough:

You can see better in this close up:

See what I mean? I had this happen when I did a large coverage of white on the Catalina I did last year, I thought it was a suspect rattle can, but this is a completely different can that's half used and had no trouble with it before as I used it for the CC Wellington. Must be a temperature thing I suppose?

Anyway, it's back to plan B, shelve and work on it later as it'll take some time to strip all the paint off and start again.
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------
general rocket
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by general rocket »

Oh well, best of luck with the renovation.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Oooo-er :shock:
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Looks like a cracked salt pan! I'd go with Brews and suggest the paint was too thick. I have to fight the temptation spraying too much white as it's so thin and covers poorly, unfortunately it does require time (something I'm aware you did not have). I made myself give it a few light coats over the space of a week.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Oooooooooooooooo bad luck it was looking good to.
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
bluesteel
Parties like it's 1977

Post by bluesteel »

JamesPerrin wrote:Looks like a cracked salt pan! I'd go with Brews and suggest the paint was too thick. I have to fight the temptation spraying too much white as it's so thin and covers poorly, unfortunately it does require time (something I'm aware you did not have). I made myself give it a few light coats over the space of a week.
You might be right about the time pressure element. I did spray several think coats, but I may have not left enough drying time in-between coats, just finger dry each time, which may have trapped moisture and caused the problem, possibly. I think I was rushing the Catalina last time too when it had the same problem. Anyway, it's going on the shelf to be completed in the new year.
Bluesteel

You can never have too many Meteors/Chipmunks/Gazelles/Jet Provosts/EE Lightnings/Hunters/Harriers/Tiger Moths!

------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Airfix Angel Interceptor SKGB”