Brickie's Svenska Hampden

Runs: November 19th to December 23rd
GB Leader: bluesteel
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Brickie's Svenska Hampden

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

bluesteel wrote:
Brickie wrote:Oh, well if it could go any way round, that's fine. It was just that a couple of the other builders on here both have them at fore-and-aft so I thought I'd put it on wrong...
Edit: Actually 'as you were' on that. It appears on closer inspection, the curvature of the top thicker part is the same as the Hampton top fuselage where it is located, which makes me think it retracts 90 degrees to the fore-aft, ie cross ways. So across the fuselage ought to be a more common orientation than fore-aft I would have thought...
You are correct, it is stowed cross-ways, with the thicker curved section conforming to the fuselage cross-section when it is stowed. If you look carefully at top-view drawings, it is visible. As a D-F loop, it would have to rotate I would think.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Post by Brickie »

Well, anyway.

Last night I put the decals on - there's not many of them in the Swedish option - matt-coated it and peeled off the window masking. This last bit proved easier said than done - so many coats of this and that had stuck it down quite firmly and yet still managed to bleed under it in places!

In the process, I managed to knock off both remaining Vickers K guns :evil: and will fill the ports and declare it to be unarmed. Apart from the bombs on the wings.
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B
Brickie
Can't be Jiggered with Faffing About

Post by Brickie »

And Klutzy McFumblefingers here also managed to drop the damn thing and take off a prop blade. The sooner I can get the landing light painted and fitted and declare a finish the better I think, before I manage to completely destroy it...
"If you can fly a Sopwith Camel, you can fly anything!"

A 7 | 12 B

Return to “Airfix 1/72 Hampden SKGB”