Martin R's Twin Boom "What If?"

Runs January 1st 2012 to January 31st
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Martin R's Twin Boom "What If?"

Post by Martin R »

Folks,

As some of you know, I wanted to have a crack at one of the other boomers in my stash, but I couldn't decide which one.

So, I had a bit of time over the weekend to model, said "what the heck!" and started both of them. They are a Heller Vampire FB5 and a Revell Flitzer. I'm afraid no preliminary pics here as I was busy trying to build! Here's where I'm at.

I doubt I'll get them finished but I'll have a go. I'm thinking of a Twin Boom Luft '46 Dogfight Double. As the decals in the Vampire are well out of register, I'll do this one as an all white 2nd Allied Tactical Air Force aircraft, in Belgium in Winter 1945 with late war C-type roundels. The Flitzer can then have an RLM 81 / 82 scheme oversprayed with white patches as a winter camouflage.

regards,

Martin
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Martin R's Twin Boom "What If?"

Post by Martin R »

And you lot thought I'd forgotten! Tsk, tsk. Well, I didn't get much further anyway but, FWIW, here's where I got with the Vamp.

I'll get the inlets filled and sanded tomorrow and then a primer coat to see how she looks. Anyway, further progress on my early '46 Flitzer chaser will be posted in my Workbench Window.

regards,

Martin

Return to “Boom! Boom! Basil Brush's Twin-boom Aircraft GB”