Motley's Desert Tonka **Finished**

Anything with a toothy grin, not just aircraft, not just sharks ...
Runs January 14th to February 28th.
Motley
Active Participant

Re: Motley's Desert Tonka

Post by Motley »

bromo wrote:Lovely build so far,one of my favourite planes as well,nice choice with the desert scheme.
One of my favourites to Bromo, best looking jet in my eyes :)

Well its all done and dusted now :) Got the last few bits on it today so now i have a nice deserty sharky tonka :-D

Got to say this is a lovely kit and i would say to any one wanting a Tonka to get this kit, the detail on it is brilliant and you get a huge heap of weapons to load it up with. I finished it as ZA475 Triffid Airways, which i dont think ive ever seen another model of :) i know there is a few bits i could of done better but im really happy with this build :)

Enjoy :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Re: Motley's Desert Tonka **Finished**

Post by splash »

Well done motley, you have done a grand job, after that build the Airfix Dambuster should be a breeze to build.

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Nice job. It looks really mean in that desert scheme.
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Great build and finish Motley,nice one.
BEEN A WHILE
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Teeth only on one side?
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Thank you for all the nice comments :)

And Merlin looking at all the pictures ive found Triffid only had the shark mouth on one side :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Glad to see this one finished Motley and a good job you have made too. I agree with you wholeheartedly that the Revell offering in 1/72nd is an excellent kit of this iconic aircraft. I might even open my wallet for another one. But then again, I'd like to do the Tornado in 1/48th, which is really my favourite scale for smaller aircraft.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Molly-new
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Molly-new »

Motley wrote:
Molly-new wrote:Looking good. It is amazing at how much detail Revell put into their 1/72 cockpits nowadays. May have to get one now.
Id say get one :) im loving this kit, been afriad of it for month cause of the detail but im loving it now, ill defo be buying a few more of these, quite a few schemes i want to build :grin:
Now look what you have done :ha:

After watching this thread I had to go out a buy one. :grin: Thanks for the advice, and well done on the build, it looks great.
Airfix WWII Aircraft Of The Aces.
Completed - 10
Building -
Pending -4
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Molly-new wrote:
Motley wrote:
Molly-new wrote:Looking good. It is amazing at how much detail Revell put into their 1/72 cockpits nowadays. May have to get one now.
Id say get one :) im loving this kit, been afriad of it for month cause of the detail but im loving it now, ill defo be buying a few more of these, quite a few schemes i want to build :grin:
Now look what you have done :ha:

After watching this thread I had to go out a buy one. :grin: Thanks for the advice, and well done on the build, it looks great.
You wont regret it, theres a few bits that are alittle rough but nothing alittle bit of work cant solve, and ive never seen that boxing before, i want one of that boxing now to do the box art :ha:
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Old_Tonto »

Just spotted that you had finished Motely.

Your Tonka looks like the muts nuts. :lol:
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)

Return to “Shark Mouth'd Things GB”