Beany's MiG Killer

Anything with a toothy grin, not just aircraft, not just sharks ...
Runs January 14th to February 28th.
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Beany's MiG Killer

Post by beany »

Made a bit of a late start with this one, a bit tight with just 5 weeks to go, so obviously a 1/32, one and a half foot long monster Toom is the way to go for me, in the form of the erstwhile Revell-Monogram 1/32 Phantom F4-E "MiG Killer"!

I was really surprised to find I had so few Shark schemes in the stash - I thought I had loads but it turns out all the things I was thinking of were Tiger schemes - both have a lot of very large, sharp teeth, but Tigers are rubbish in more than 3 feet of water!

I made a tentative start on this several years ago but didn't get too far - just cut the parts off the sprues and stuck the wings and some of the missiles together - still loads to do though.

These moulds have been used for so many different variants of F-4 that they must have paid for themselves over and over. I also have the Wild Horses Luftwaffe F4-F boxing and all I can see different in the instructions are the seats and some of the missiles and pods, the rest is identical. The instructions diagrams are the same and even the build stages have the same numbers.

Will make a start tomorrow night.
Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
SJPONeill
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Beany's MiG Killer

Post by SJPONeill »

Will be watching with interest as I have two of these in the stash - bought one on sale in Brisbane and liked the marking options so much I bought another at the Modelcrafts and Hobbies annual birthday sale...haven't dome much with either except play with the fit of the resin intakes I got for them later...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: Beany's MiG Killer

Post by beany »

SJPONeill wrote: bought one on sale in Brisbane...
Many a Brisbane area model shop took my hard earner Aussie dollars in the 5 years I lived out there - the one in Stafford to the north of Brissy in particular as it was in the same road as my office building and just a few Aussie miles from home for weekend visits, even on Sundays.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1

Return to “Shark Mouth'd Things GB”