Box Art Suggestions

Discussion and the builds for the SMW 2012 CBK display.

Moderator: JamesPerrin

philp
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Box Art Suggestions

Post by philp »

Hmm, if John can ship models over I should be able to also. Wouldn't mind doing the Airfix 88mm gun and tractor again. Was one of the first small scale armor pieces I ever did back when I was 11. Would need someone to photoshop me a background unless I can convince my kid to do it.

Also have the Airfix Sam-2 kit with the truck and trailer not built yet but would need to repair the Sam and launcher and repaint in Egyptian markings (thought the serial number on the truck is actually Israeli). Both of those have easy bases which should be in my skills.

Was wondering, did the Jungle Outpost or Forward Command Post ever have box art with more background? Recent web search just show them with a neutral color background.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Phil, you are more than welcome to join in however you need to sign up to the CBK SIG first! PM on it's way.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
jelly071
Getting well comfy!

Post by jelly071 »

I May be able to get one done for telford. I have an airfix LTV 4 Buffalo and Willys jeep Allready built. Just need to work out wich figures to buy and build a base Simples
Heres the artwork. I prefer the older box art with guns being fired and lots of smoke
Thanks Mike
IPMS 12171 AMSIG Member

Love an old kit
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

There's boxart and then there's classic boxart.
New vs. old, respectively.

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “SMW 2012 - Classic Box Art II”