Hercules and Blood hound round 2

Discussion and the builds for the SMW 2012 CBK display.

Moderator: JamesPerrin

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Re: Hercules and Blood hound round 2

Post by beany »

Whilst I know technically what the correct colours for the Herc are, the queston for you is, what are your intentions for this model, that is to say, is it a representation of the actual box art for Classic British Box Art display, or is it a technically accurate model of the Hercules which you are using as briefly as a display subject. Let me elaborate - I knew that the caravan in the G for George Lancaster diorama is painted white and black checks in real life, but the box art has it as yellow and black (due to the time of day depicted), so I did them yellow and black.

Not a single person has pointed this out yet because I think they "get it" - the models are 3D representations of the box art. I'll bet if I'd done the caravan black and white, rather than yellow, it would have got commented on - and would have looked pants as well. If it was me for example, I'd forget about Dark Earth Hu29 and go with chocolate brown which is much richer - as per the box art and the photos you have there. It has to be something you are happy with at the end of the day mate, but if you can let us know how you feel about this then we can give you actual Humbrol (or other) paint numbers to go with. To be honest, I know this one is going to look bloody spectacular anyway, but I get what you are saying. Hope that helps.
cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Cheers Al, i realised yesterday that i was going at it the wrong way.It is an effort to recreate the box art and not an uber realistic model of a Hercules from that time period.Therefore i will be going with Ochre and linen which are close to the photo's as you point out,and thanks for taking the time to post your advice :grin: .Now to get the bendy fuselage together! :lol:
BEEN A WHILE
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Just to prove i am still going with this build a quick update,quite a bit done on the bloodhound part,
missile is together mostly and painted.The trailer is done bar the wheels the land rover is almost done just the front screen to micro krystal kleer some detail painting and the wheels.The figures have had a coat of H96.Once my Nimrod is finished then this will be my sole focus till finished.
Thanks for looking.
BEEN A WHILE
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

The bloodhound is looking good. At least we'll be able to defend our airspace at Telford from attack by the Cold War SIG :grin:
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

I hope one is enough James :grin:
BEEN A WHILE
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Hi Bromo, have you been able to make progress or are you hoping to make it for Box Art 3 ;-)
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)

Return to “SMW 2012 - Classic Box Art II”