Time for a Gee-Up

Discussion and the builds for the SMW 2012 CBK display.

Moderator: JamesPerrin

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Time for a Gee-Up

Post by beany »

Ages ago James asked me to keep an eye on Telford 2012 build progress but I have singularly failed to do much myself yet, short of buying suitable materials and timbers/MDF boards etc. when I've seen them. Add to that the BBC News site running and article or two on Procrastination this week and the guilt is really starting to pile up.

And here is your chance to make to make me feel even worse buy showing me how much progress you've all made - and a reminder of what you are making would be nice.

For myself, I am working on the 1/24 Stuka, the Bengal Lancer, The Short Stirling, the A-26 Invader, the Airfix Emergency Set, The Airfix Re-fuelling set and the Matchbox He115 to name a few. I'm not saying these will all make it to the display at Telford, but they can be used as reserves to fill any gaps. Also, if anyone is already working on these then let me know and I can put my example on a back-burner and prioritise the others.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Re: Time for a Gee-Up

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I have two threads started here, HMS Ajax and the 95th Rifles, and they accurately reflect progress, if not intention.

I have gotten myself into a serious time eating project here in the community and also have a week-long family event. I am pedaling as fast, if not as efficiently, as I can. Add to that, SWMBO informs me we are spending a long weekend elsewhere and right after I close this, I'm off to pack - there went my Plan A for the weekend.

I had also hoped to work on the Matchbox Fury, in case Ollie did not get to it (not seen/heard him in quite a while) but I think that is now a forlorn hope.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
beany

Post by beany »

You're probably the last person I was aiming to gee-up John, quite the opposite in fact as you are making the rest of us look bad. :ha:

To show what an inspiration you are, I vow I will do something this weekend and post my progress to prove it. :shock:

I wouldn't worry about the Fury too much, there should be enough to fill the tables - and if not I'll still have the 2011 display with me at Telford so we could always add a couple of ringers!

Cheers
Al.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

It's aimed at me as much as anyone. The blitz is the only modelling I've done for a month. I've just got home from a week in Cornwall and plan to do nothing else till mine is complete.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

I plan on working on the Dennis tomorrow night and will spend more time now the Blitz and holidays are over.

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
beany

Post by beany »

Yay - I've managed to gee myself up this evening. This isn't one I originally intended to make, but I've always loved the Airfix A-26 Invader, then I saw the Altaya/Ixo 1/144 Diecast on eBay, and the next thing you know...

The die-cast is finished as "Stinky" out of the packet so I've had to paint out the nose art - remove two of the three antennae on the roof, and paint out the wide yellow band on the tail, and remove the incorrect letters on the sides, to be replaced with some that match the box art - if I can find any in 1/144! Props will be replaced with acetate prop-blur discs, as will the 1/72 examples.

Tomorrow night I will dig out the poster paints and have a crack at the background artwork - this evening I've primed a bit of hardboard which will be used as the background and which the two aircraft will be attached to as inconspicuously as possible with acrylic rod or painted brass tubing.

Cheers
Al.
ejsnotgrass
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by ejsnotgrass »

Try modeldecal set 36A as it has a variety of letters/numbers in different sizes
ollieholmes
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by ollieholmes »

Im still about, my appologies for my prolonged absence but i am still modelling but its taken a bit of a back seat recantly due to several reasons. Im going to crack on with the Furys tonight and i will have them at Telford. Please dont write me off yet.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

I don't know what this kit is like but that box art is spectacular. It would make me buy one or three...
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0

Return to “SMW 2012 - Classic Box Art II”