Packing your models for Telford and other shows.

Discussion and the builds for the SMW 2012 CBK display.

Moderator: JamesPerrin

beany
Fat git, glasses, goatie - Avoid!

Packing your models for Telford and other shows.

Post by beany »

Chaps, I'm going to work on the assumption that we will repeat what went down this year, insofar as after Telford, the next show will be Huddersfield, and then after that one I will take the entire display home with me for further outings to the shows at Cosford and Farnborough, and possibly one or two others. If this is the case may I respectfully request that:

* a.) your model is packaged in such a way as to make packing and carrying of the box as efficient as possible - a sturdy, LIDDED box being the minimum requirement please, with carrying slots in the side for my beefy fingers, and,

* b.) that the model itself is easy to re-assemble, or that you include brief instructions in the box as to how to put the model together. If you include any spares e.g. backdrop scenes or whatever, please label them as such and briefly explain the reason for their inclusion.

These will make life much easier for me and those kind enough to assist me at subsequent shows.

There has been some concern voiced about what happens to the models after Airfix have them next year at Margate and/or Hendon. All I can say at this stage is that I am assuming they will look after them and return them to us at Telford 2013. If not I will probably arrange a trip to Margate to collect them and eventually return them to each of you, although I may have to sell off one or two of the better ones to cover my petrol costs and sundry expenses :ha:

I will have to stagger returning the models to those chaps overseas to spread the cost of the postage - a millionaire I ain't (yet). So please just bear with me in this.

Cheers
Al.
2024 Acquired: 9 Built: 1
MerlinJones

Re: Packing your models for Telford and other shows.

Post by MerlinJones »

When it comes to it, Alan, I'll stump up the costs to return, say, JRatz's models to him. Spread out like that, it isn't such a financial burden.

Regards,
Bruce
beany

Post by beany »

MerlinJones wrote:When it comes to it, Alan, I'll stump up the costs to return, say, JRatz's models to him. Spread out like that, it isn't such a financial burden.

Regards,
Bruce
Appreciated Bruce - probably best if we all have a chat about it at Telford or Huddersfield.

Cheers
Al.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Note, some people have been happy for us to hold on to kits for shows etc. I still have some of John and Paul's builds.
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
ollieholmes
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Post by ollieholmes »

Im happy to let you keep hold of the Furies. Im only going to be at Telford on the saturday anyway.
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

Thanks guys, but anything I have sent, or will send, is a "donation" -- show 'em, flog 'em, bin 'em, your call -- I'm just happy I can (sometimes) contribute.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Just to re-enforce Beany's post here is my Dinah packed ready for the show. A photo showing how it was packed stuck to the lid is a quick way of showing what goes where. Also please put your name and the models name of the box otherwise trying to match twenty boxes to twenty kits is a nightmare.

Your packing needs at least to be good enough to get you model safely from car to table through wind and rain ( and if it's Huddersfield snow!).
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:1) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
beany

Post by beany »

Excellent James, exactly the kind of thing I had in mind (my fault I know, but I just wish we'd done it with last years models, ready to give over to Mr.Airfix :roll: - I'll see what I have time to do with them between now and Telford - I have nightmare of them sitting on display in the Hornby Exhibition Centre for a year with Tom's Hudson flying in the wrong direction for example!).

Cheers
Al.

Return to “SMW 2012 - Classic Box Art II”