Flakmonkey tries to master a 190 **FERTIG**

UAMF's signature event.
Runs February 1st through 29th.
flakmonkey
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Flakmonkey tries to master a 190 **UNTERWEGS**

Post by flakmonkey »

We have a grey cat. He isn't sitting on my arm though. Sometimes he drapes himself around my shoulders like a scarf. Or a miniature fur coat. With razor blades in the sleeves.

Jeff, these just don't want to move (but see below). It's like something got on the sheet. Maybe it did.

Spinner drying, to be masked for the spiral. Oh boy. Exhaust, oil and cartridge staining done with Lifecolor's Tensacrom washes. Balkenkreuze under the wings persuaded from the backing with boiling water. Not boiling water that had cooled for any appreciable time, thereby not being boiling at all. This was fresh out of the kettle. Still was touch and go.

iTunes has chosen Frank Zappa. I agree.
Would ya like to learn to fly? Would ya? Would you like to see me try?
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

This 190 really looking good now, great mottles and markings. The Fall, my God what an outfit. They played in Wakefield not so very long ago. Mark E. Smith is quite bonkers and hard to understand, especially when he's "singing". He was married to quite a fit American chick once, Brix was her moniker I think. There's nothing wrong implicitly with the shorter ladeez. I'm a bit of a titch myself. Mrs Dubya is also a bit of a shorty and alas not quite as fit (i.e. looks not running ability) as she used to be. In fact the years haven't been kind to me either. I haven't aged quite as well as George Clooney who is the same age as my good self.
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
flakmonkey

Post by flakmonkey »

Brix, or Suzanne as her mother calls her, ran off with that irritating little man Nigel Kennedy. Not the erstwhile leader of the Liberal Democrat party, but the talentless clownshoe of a violinist from Birmingham. UK, not Alabama. Mark E, unfazed as ever, has now taken up with an equally attractive lady by the name of Elena Poulou, who performs keyboard duties in the band. Not bad for a man with a nose like a strawberry. She doesn't have a nose like a strawberry, nor is she to the best of my knowledge a man, I was referring to Mr. Smith. Before continuing, here's a model I'm making which has now had its flat coat of Klear and Tamiya flat base. Undercarriage duties beckon.

Brix also had a short lived solo career, or at least a career away from The Fall with her own band, the Adult Net. Sounds dodgy. Dodgy were a good band. Although famous for using a Rickenbacker 330 almost exclusively, she posed with a paisley Fender Telecaster for many of the Adult Net's publicity shots.

Titan

Post by Titan »

Looking special that one Flak, good stuff.

Regards
Mark
Regards
Mark

Post by ShaunW »

Looks good now, not far off completion maybe. What can one say about Nigel Kennedy (violinist not the allegedly drunken politician) I think he's a complete (insert vile expletive of your choice here). Why the paisley Tele? never liked them myself, or standard Teles either. Not really a Fender fan apart from their bass guitars. Give me a Gibson six string any day. But not a Gibbo bass. Ampeg, if you've got the money or Trace Elliott for bass amplification. Mark Bass from Italy are worth a look too.

IPMS#12300
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Our house is always in its worse possible condition. We take a pride in that. Would be cheap on rates with the system you have then Brews. I have tried DIY from time to time. Alas it really does stand for Destroy It Yourself whenever I practice that dark art.

IPMS#12300
flakmonkey

Post by flakmonkey »

Sadly, I know only too well what I'm doing with DIY and the household authorities know this. The man who had the house before us was clueless however. This didn't stop him though. Blissfully unencumbered by either knowledge or skill, he tried his hand at everything he could reach in the place. Naturally, it all needed to be undone.

Should have checked my reference pics for the spinner. Not enough turns on the spiral. Bum.
Other bits done including some paint opn the undercarriage, '76 on the doors and some '66 on the cockpit aft decking. Some PE pinged that goes inside the canopy. I looked but was unable to find it.

So this guy actually put 30 Amp electrical cables behind the skirting board. One of them was loose (board not cable), as he thought you could glue them on, so I grabbed a second fix nailgun and proceeded to fix it to the wall properly. Kaboom. You don't forget things like that in a hurry. It's a wonder this house was still standing after he had set about it.

flakmonkey

Post by flakmonkey »

Can't remember if the -A had the pulley in the canopy that maintains ariel tension or not. The -D didn't have one. Might not have the time to mess with that anyway. Or the inclination. Delete as appropriate.
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

The flat glass Fdubs had the pulley. The blown hoods did not. Right, Brews?
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
flakmonkey

Post by flakmonkey »

Blown canopies. Why did I forget that? Thanks chaps.

We didn't have any music by a German artist yet did we? Usually is's 99 luftballonen by Nena. If I never hear that again it will be too soon. Come to think of it, The Final Countdown by Europe, on an iPod with an everlasting battery on repeat, would be better. Maingear on at the correct angles, canopy on (working feature, MJ take note).

We're livin' the life here.

So that Nena. Dreadful. People confuse her with The One True Nena, Nena Hagen. The Tall Vegetarian Wife turned me on to Nena Hagen in the late 80s. That doesn't read quite how I intended. Introduced me to her music. Not anything else. Not anything else that I can remember. The trouble with confusing Nena Hagen with the other Nena is that it's very much like confusing your toothbrush with a very angry Piranha. You're not going to have the experience you were thinking of. Not in any way. She's on my iTunes, obviously. The real one.

jssel

Post by jssel »

Holy Schmolies that looks sweet.
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

That looks really excellent Flak. So do the fish and chips. My God they look good. I'm on a bit of a diet. Apparently Mrs Dubya would prefer me to have a six pack rather than drinking one. Dream on sweetheart.

IPMS#12300
flakmonkey

Post by flakmonkey »

Jack Daniels is helping me. Not that he has done much.

Last few bits to go on. Can't remember if it should have the whip ariel with the curved end under the wing. There is a PE one in the kit but it's not shown in the instructions. MG151/20 barrels from brass tube. MG131 muzzles painted with Citadel Boltgun metal acrylic. Great colour.

What do you get when you cross Deep Purple with Soundgarden and then put the resultant child into a foster home run by Mötörhead? Black Tide. Now on iTunes.

jssel

Post by jssel »

Jack is good friend of mine.

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSIp76CvUI;
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Should be finished by now. Does the canopy work mister?

IPMS#12300

Return to “Blitzbau X, Feb 2012”