Blakes 7 - The Liberator (WIP - Titan Find Model)

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
John Leah
Onto the Clever Stuff, Now.

Re: Blakes 7 - The Liberator (WIP - Titan Find Model)

Post by John Leah »

Hello Liberator followers

DVS1 is now assembled (except for the laser probes which will go on after painting) - she's ready for an undercoat now. I have spent a few evenings making sure each of the 3 support arms are firmly secured and I have painstakingly scratch made replacement pieces where the support arms attach to the central hull - thanks for looking in again - John

masked up

ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Nicely done John, this is really shaping up very nicely. If that is a Tamiya turntable the model is sitting on, I would judge it to be quite a size!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
John Leah

Post by John Leah »

ShaunW wrote:Nicely done John, this is really shaping up very nicely. If that is a Tamiya turntable the model is sitting on, I would judge it to be quite a size!
Hi Shaun

Yep - that's a Tamiya turntable it is sat on - I did not go so far as to hollow out and of the 4 main pillars (I had considered fitting a lighting system into a bored out central hull, but this is not within my electrical skill set at present), so the kit is VERY Heavy - and I mean a bags worth of large potatoes heavy. I have not measured it but it must be about 15 inches long and more than twice the size of Comet's.

My Masterpiece Models resin liberator arrived from the States last week. Its different in many ways to the Titan and Comet kit and somewhere in between in size. I think there are only 8 parts in the kit - when I built it, I shall stick it on the forum.
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

That is looking superb John. I'm really enjoying following this build. 100% pure TV nostalgia.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
general rocket
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by general rocket »

Enjoying this build.
30 years ago, I broke my leg in a motor-cycle crash, and spent 3 months in Aberystwyth Hospital. An anecdote of no interest or importance at all, save for the fact that one of the nurses was a dead ringer for Servalan.
Sorry for wasting your time.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
MarkyM607

Post by MarkyM607 »

Everyone has to have a hobby apart from running the Federation! :lol:
Hoping to return to modelling sometime this year!! :lol:
Owner of Marky's Model Emporium since 2013!.
John Leah

Post by John Leah »

general rocket wrote:Enjoying this build.
30 years ago, I broke my leg in a motor-cycle crash, and spent 3 months in Aberystwyth Hospital. An anecdote of no interest or importance at all, save for the fact that one of the nurses was a dead ringer for Servalan.
Sorry for wasting your time.

Servalan was one scary female - a real whip holding man eater of a woman but somehow she was also strangely attractive with it - perhaps like an earlier version of Deanerys Stormborn
John Leah

Post by John Leah »

Hi folk
The old Lib's back on the bench - here's where I am - I've spent the last few evenings delicately adding tiny pieces of masking tape over the grey shades prior to her white overcoat being added

I have high hopes for the end result I intend to achieve here - its the first sci-fi kit I've made in about 30 years.... so no promises

Thanks for tuning in again
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

It's great to see some progress on this build John. It's looking good so far and I'm quietly confident that all will be well!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
SBO
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by SBO »

Even though Blakes 7 is something that is before my time, I do remember sitting watching re-runs of it it on UK Gold of a Saturday morning as a small child every weekend and therefore have dim memories of it! This ship is one of those memories - I love getting those warm fuzzy feelings of recognition from something in your childhood, so thanks!!! It is certainly looking good so far. Sci Fi kits were something I would never have considered years ago but after seeing some of the great stuff on here (like this one) I am getting an itch to do one. So double thanks!

Looking forward to the next instalment 8-)
My modelling Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mattscalemodels/
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

I've actually been watching some old episodes of Blake's 7 on the internet TV box lately. It was always a favourite when I was a lad and it's great to see the brilliant job your doing with the original and best ship from the show. 8-)
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
IvanV22

Post by IvanV22 »

Really nice work, now I must watch Blakes 7 on you tube to see what it is all about!
Best from Ivan
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

That is some effort and it looks great !!
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”