Captured Alien Attacker (Independence Day), 1/72, Lindberg

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
Marek
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Captured Alien Attacker (Independence Day), 1/72, Lindbe

Post by Marek »

Waaaay cool! And we are gonna have a sequel! :)
celt

Post by celt »

I was just wandering around this Real Space,Sci-Fi and What-iffery and came across your model,its a cracking job on a model I have not seen before.Well done.
Stupot
Pottering around

Post by Stupot »

celt wrote:I was just wandering around this Real Space,Sci-Fi and What-iffery and came across your model,its a cracking job on a model I have not seen before.Well done.
Thanks Celt, I'm glad you liked it :)
Old fashioned paint brush user.
celt

Post by celt »

I only do aircraft and armour but your model intrigued me,can you suggest a simple sci-fi,spacey model to start with,I want to give one a go. :)
Tarkas
Active Participant

Post by Tarkas »

It rather depends on your taste in SF, celt. For an aircraft and armour modeller, the most obvious choice would be something like a futuristic plane or AFV -- say, an Angel Interceptor or SPV. Then there are the various space fighters from movies and TV that are readily available -- Battlestar Galactica Vipers and Cylon Raiders, Star Wars <insert letter>-wings and TIE <insert role> :mrgreen:, plus various things from anime, some of which cross the line between aircraft and armour :shock:... Lots of other possibilities.

If you'd like to try a spacecraft for a change, I would have suggested a Hawk from Space: 1999 as a simple, good introductory kit, but that model is OOP, hard to find and expensive when you do. So how about one of the various Star Trek kits -- say, a 1/1000th TOS Enterprise: straightforward to make and no aztecing! Or a Klingon or Romulan if you prefer.

The point is, there's lots out there that is readily available, not too expensive, and that makes into nice models which can have as much or as little in the way of fussy work -- detailing, weathering, etc. -- as you prefer. Name your poison, so to speak...
Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox, sometimes...
celt

Post by celt »

Thanks for the info Tarkas,I think I try the Star Trek route but I like the bad guys so its Romulan or Klingon.The bad guys gear always looks better. 8-)

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”