Whatiff RAF Revell DC-10

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
Motley
Active Participant

Whatiff RAF Revell DC-10

Post by Motley »

Here is my Whatiff No.11 Squadron DC-10, the kit is a Revell 1:320 DC-10, it is an okay kit but needs abit of work cleaning up and needs a little work but could be made to look good with a little work, the decals are a mix of 1/144 ones from my Revell F14 (the Grim Reapers) and 1/72 ones from my Revell Lightning (the serial codes, in flashes squadron insignia and roundels), nice little build, very quick too,

Sorry for the blue tac, the model is usually stuck to the wall hence the blue tac,

And a quick size comparison next to a 1/72 spitfire, it is quite a large plane for such a small scale,

And finally the plane as how it is displayed on the wall with some of my other models in my little model corner in my room,

Enjoy, Tom :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Whatiff RAF Revell DC-10

Post by PaulBradley »

Interesting display idea, Tom - what do you secure them to the wall with?

Have you thought about an in-flight refuelling scene with your Tristar and a couple of 1/300 Tornados/Typhoons/Harriers...?
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

PaulBradley wrote:Interesting display idea, Tom - what do you secure them to the wall with?

Have you thought about an in-flight refuelling scene with your Tristar and a couple of 1/300 Tornados/Typhoons/Harriers...?
Just plain old blue tac, but each model had quite abit of it on them to hold them on the wall solid so they wont fall off, well thats the plan, and ive never really thought about that but i have thought about a dio before and i may just have to look into that :)

Tom :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

I like your Grim reaper DC-10. I also like the way you mount your models to the wall. I had thought of doing that with my bombers but there is no way the landing gear could support the weight. How do you do it?
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
Saxon
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Saxon »

He uses Blu Tac. I have thought of displaying them on the wall like this to but via one of those hooks you use to hang paintings and fishing wire. Hang the nose wheel through the wire.

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”