Wave 1/144 L.E.D. Mirage of Five Star Stories

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
potchip
Series 3 and Beyond

Wave 1/144 L.E.D. Mirage of Five Star Stories

Post by potchip »

If you are not familiar with giant robots eg gundams, then you'd have no chance knowing about this series at all. Five Star Stories is a manga series by Nagano Mamoru that's been running since 80's. It's part sci-fi, part fantasy and not always coherent but always had plenty of style!

Mamoru is a famed designer of mechas, in FSS these are called Mortar Headd(MH)s. In the story, many kingdoms each with their own headliner (MH pilots, like knights) corps, and Far Eastern Mirage Corps are the body guards (or goons) of the emperor of AKD.

L.E.D Mirage is so named because they shared the colours: red, white and silver of the L.E.D dragon, a type of native semi-divine creature of the star system. It also means 'strongest'.

Personally I think there's a touch of Roman Legionary in this design.

The kit provides enough decal numbers to represent most members of the Mirage Knights. I picked no.2, Aisha Codante - the head of a side branch of the royal family. The right hand (wo)man of Amaterasu (the emperor) and totally loyal due to her live-long crush, however Amaterasu never returned such feelings. Aisha is now a younger-man hunting tigress (who's actually middle aged, but doesn't quite look like it) in the story.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Re: Wave 1/144 L.E.D. Mirage of Five Star Stories

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Well that's interesting looking. Looks like something from the old Voltron cartoon I use to watch when i was a kid
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
JamesPerrin
Looks like his avatar

Post by JamesPerrin »

Very nicely executed. Must be nice to build something that isn't 50% photo etch! :grin:
Classic British Kits SIG Leader Better to fettle than to fill
(2024 A:B 5:2) (2023 13:8:7) (2022 21:11) (2021 15:8) (2020 8:4:4)
potchip
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by potchip »

Sure does James. I almost forgot my painting skills having done mouse grey over mouse grey for ages.

Done.
Chris

Post by Chris »

He's very impressive.

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”