Scimitar - but not the Supermarine's ;)

From Apollo and Soyuz, to Gerry Anderson, Irwin Allen, Star Wars and Trek to Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and those strange, doe-eyed Japanese school girls...to any model kits you can think of, that only exists in imagination.
Snorry
Series 3 and Beyond

Scimitar - but not the Supermarine's ;)

Post by Snorry »

Oh yes, its not a naval fighter-bomber, it is a Star War craft from Revell. Officially kit called "Sith Infiltrator", but several sites in internet give the name "Scimitar", history of development and lot of pictures, even cut-out views. But in fact craft appears in "The Phantom menace" just for several seconds in scenes of Darth Maul's arrival on Tatooine and it seems have been not the one Revell have made. Film craft was bigger and had different details, so I think that Revell kit depicts scaled down prototype of Maul's machine. Or, as usual, Revell had forget about accuracy of their kits?
Built almost out of the box, but landing gear doors and tail skid scratchbuilt and "fins" folded - otherwise the craft cant stand on its own legs.

More photos:
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
general rocket
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Scimitar - but not the Supermarine's ;)

Post by general rocket »

A suggestion.
I know that by clicking on the picture we can see it larger, but if you post a larger picture to start with, it will grab the attention and do your hard work more justice.
By the way, I'm more Star Trek than Star Wars, but I do like your Scimitar.
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
Snorry
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Snorry »

Thank you for a good advice!
This is my first attempt in "sci-fi" and most likely the last. The work was not hard but verdict was as always - guilty! Revell almost ruined the kit with that trenching on upper half of the sphere (bottom is pretty but invisible on kit standing), I have added about dozen layers of primer and paint - painting , sanding, repainting - and that awful night-black wash. But if you like it, my Scimitar is not bad at all ;)
AndrewR
In the basement lab

Post by AndrewR »

I like it :)
Up in the Great White North
BlohmWolf

Post by BlohmWolf »

I thought the first one meant it was a big size model, but seeing the comparison with your hand, it looks great.
"Can not finish a model at all"

"You can get more of what you want, with a kind word and a wallet, than just a kind word".

Currently Building: FROG Wildcat, Fokker DR1 Red baron and some other things...
VickersVandal

Post by VickersVandal »

For the size of the thing you have detailed it beautifully. Looks great! I love the base idea too. Looks the part.
Must.....build....ALL the Sopwith Camels!...

My Biggles Model display website: https://tinyurl.com/y74ydzae

Return to “Real Space, Sci-Fi and What-iffery”