Motley's Revell Trio

144th scale kits.
Runs March 17th to April 15th.
GB Leader: MerlinJones
Motley
Active Participant

Motley's Revell Trio

Post by Motley »

Here is everything in my stash that fits in this GB :)

Im going to start with the tonkas and if i have time i might start on the C17 too (and i even have somethings to throw in the back as a load :-D ) and see if i can get that done. The tonkas arent be to be correct as i have some decals for them so they will be RAF machine even though they are the wrong type but heyyhoo, you wont be able to tell when they are stuck on the wall :ha: . Going to build them wheels up and clean i think :) One is going to be done as a 617sqn Gulf War machine and i havent decided on the other one yet :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Jdubya
Getting well comfy!

Re: Motley's Tonka's

Post by Jdubya »

Look forward to seeing the Tonkas and the C17 would be pretty epic!

All the best

James
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Anything going on with these? The 'grey' Tonka is the old, old tool and worth the effort only if you want to apply much modelling. It's companion is a new tool and a true modeller's delight. Finding paint colours can be a bit of a 'mare, but I managed well enough with Humbrol and no mixing.
Check the link for pointers; http://gregers.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=14703;

Regards,
Bruce
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Havent had much time to do any modeling recently with college and work taking up my time but on holidays after tomorrow so hopefully should get this moving forward, might change the plan and just work on the C-17 and have a nice holiday project of getting that done :)
"When a prang (crash) seems inevitable, endeavor to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slow and gently as possible." - Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Today ive had the kits out in a spare 5 minutes i have and ive managed to take sprue shots of each of them, hopefully ill be able to start abit of work on them in the next few days :)

First we have what i believe to be the old tool version of the tonka:

Followed by the newer tool tonka:

Then we have the big old C-17, heres wat you get in the box a nice big pile of plastic:

The kit does come with a rather large but very nice decal sheet, mostly for the Qatar scheme:

And also i thought id post a picture of what ive got to put in the back once it is done, i found a seller on ebay selling these so i got myself two to put in the back:

And finally i did a shot with a fuselage half to show the size in comparrison with a 2p, 72nd Spitfire and Humbrol paint pot:

They all look like very nice kits and i cant wait to get going on them, the old will to model has been lacking recently but its coming back and this seems like a very nice way to get it going again :)
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

For future reference, you might want to check this chap out, for 1/144 cargo;
http://www.pg-models.com/index.aspx;

Regards,
Bruce
Ian
Blitzbau hero

Post by Ian »

The camo Tonka is wearing the Norm '83 Scheme A.
You'll need Humbrol 86 & 116 and Revell 9 for the camo colours.
I'm a mostly full-time modeller put a part-time poster....
Motley
Active Participant

Re: Motley's Revell Trio

Post by Motley »

Finally started work on something. Ive started with the C-17 as that was calling to be built more. Havent got any pictures yet, ill get some in the morning :) So far ive taken alot of the parts off the sprue and cleaned them up and have also built up all 4 engines, i went to start the cockpit and found i didnt have some of the paints so ive ordered them and should be here tomorrow :) i also got abit bored at one point so the fuselarge and wings have been taped together soo i could see how big the thing is and by the looks it will be the biggest model ive mad to date :)
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

Quick update to show work is happening on this one :ha: As you can see all 4 engines are together and done, the tail planes are all done, the wings are glued together and set and the winglets or what ever they are called are now attached to the end and the blast pit is all painted up and glued together :)

MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

I'm curious as to why your engines are bound to a piece of sprue?

Regards,
Bruce
Motley
Active Participant

Post by Motley »

MerlinJones wrote:I'm curious as to why your engines are bound to a piece of sprue?

Regards,
Bruce
The reason for that Bruce is that the sprue has the engine numbers on so i then know which engines go where on the wings once they are to be attached :) just me trying to be organised, like some of the floor parts have to be cut so ive placed tape onto them and the numbered them too :)
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Aaaah...that's very sensible, Motley.

Good one.

Regards,
Bruce

Return to “144 scale GB II”