Jdubyas Stuka

144th scale kits.
Runs March 17th to April 15th.
GB Leader: MerlinJones
Jdubya
Getting well comfy!

Jdubyas Stuka

Post by Jdubya »

I shall be sticking this together and to my fingers and the bench etc. I'll be doing the one on the box with the snakey on it. The kit is nicey niceness. Comes with paint masks and etch and being a bit of skinflint recall it cost £2.47 from Hannants.

Think I will paint the canopy separately and do it frame by frame as masking it up will drive me further bonkers. Looked as though I would have to paint the white band round the fusealage over the snake but some thoughtful type at Eduard seems to have thought of this as the snake decal is in two parts and has a white section in the middle where the band would be. Whether this works out when I come to do it is another matter.

I will be using humbrol enamels so I don't intend to prime this one which is a first for me. Fingers crossed that works okay. :)

All the best

James
MerlinJones

Re: Jdubyas Stuka

Post by MerlinJones »

I tried the masks and they were a total pain. I realised that they are there for those who insist on airbrushing everything, (bless their cottons).
No primer is required...fit is very good.
The decals work as they should.

Enjoy.

Regards,
Bruce
Jdubya
Getting well comfy!

Post by Jdubya »

Made a start with only a little work this evening. I little light filling and sanding tomorrow with a few more bits stuck on it'll be jogging along okay.

All the best

James
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Does it 'feel' nice, James? ;-)

Regards,
Bruce
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Ha! Finally found my own build of this kit;
http://gregers.7.forumer.com/viewtopic. ... &start=840;

There might be something useful to be gleaned.

Regards,
Bruce
Jdubya
Getting well comfy!

Post by Jdubya »

Thanks Merlin that answered a few questions for me actually. A little more hamfisted filling and assemblage going on but it should be ready for paint in the next couple of days. Only query is over paints. Not a big one for accuracy but the below is what I intend to use.

RLM70 = 91
RLM71 = 116
RLM65 = 65
RLM79 = 118

All the best

James

Return to “144 scale GB II”