Feanors Old Forge.

This is where any member can post a themed collection of model images, putting their stuff where they can find it, or showing off a collection they have made.
feanor
Active Participant

Re: Feanors Old Forge.

Post by feanor »

PaulBradley wrote:Moved to Member's Galleries. :grin:

Thanks Paul.
The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
Nax
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Nax »

Nice variety and nicely finished Feanor, love your skellington, lol ;-)
Steve/Nax
Enjoying trying to make them look real.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

Thanks for the nice words.

This is my take on the new Airifx Typhoon, Built as Charles Greens MN666. It's his D-Day Tiffy (as depicted on the Box-Art for the 1/24th Tiff when it had paint on it !) 'CG' after it had been virtually stripped of paint after having been pranged and repaired. It was used after repair as a Training/Gunnery officers Mount at Tangmere in 1944. Sorry they're not very good Pictures. And of course, neither is it a Harrier OR a Skyhawk, as the stand would have you believe, LOL.

The best thing, is to keep on building. Clap your hands, stamp your feet, wiggle your fingers…
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup...

December, LOL. Here's my Airfix Higgins LCVP, as used on D-Day. Nice kit, but had minor fit issues with the engine cover assembly in step 1. Nice kit though. Nice to see a finish too. It's been too long.

feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

I never posted up my finished Airfix Lizzie that took 3 years plus either. But once I got the decals in february (I think, she was finished in short order... Here she is anyway.

feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

This Azur Koolhoven FK-58c should have been a Magazine build for Gary Hatcher. (sorry Mate) but got Uber serious when the wing assembly tore quite literally in a messy diagonal across the starboard wing and wingroot. It almost got binned. The fuselage halves didnt fit anywhere near and I ended up having to build a new fuselage floor and Roll cage. Plus there was all that PE to go on it too. Another delayed three-year build. I think it took that long just to get the courage up to tackle it, along with the box staring at me too. (These Azur 'Weekend' builds can go on terribly long, LOL). But I got a satisfactory (for me at least) result. I would think twice though about buying one though myself.

feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

I thought I'd better post something in my Gallery of both my newly built 'Dogfight Doubles' before I got into trouble... :oops:

Just to show that I could manage to get a half-decent shot of the starboard side of 'Le Grand Charles', LOL.

I still haven't decided what to build next. I have so much I can't make my mind up. I keep flitting between another ship and A N other... Maybe its time to get my unfinished MK1 Blenheim back out and get busy :?:
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

And How did I manage to forget HMS Warspite ?

feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

SEVEN months ! Wow.

Here she is. Red 5.

Airfix/MPC 'Return of The Jedi' X-Wing fighter. Snap-fix version. kit no: 9 60272.

A pain in some areas to build, but satisfying to tame. I'd always wanted any kind of X-Wing as a kid. This pic doesnt do it any kind of justice, but will be replaced when I have one that does her justice. There are, of course, quite a few builds waiting in the wings though... And she'll look swell when she's paired (eventually) with Darth.

feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

And so onto Darth Vaders Tie Fighter. Kit no: 8916. Finished off in Hu47/01 mix with Tamiya smoke in some panel lines. Lots of filler too ! One to build and say, 'Done that !'

Build Album here: Enjoy.

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/wolfi ... t=3&page=1;
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

Almost two weeks since DVs TF above, but a finish nonetheless. This has been: The MPC/Ertl 'Return of the Jedi' Commemorative Edition AT-AT. Kit no 8919. Snowspeeders when they're done...

feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

And to go with the Higgins boat and flail Tank, the Airfix DUKW A02316. A 'two-day' build from last week. I like the Poly DUKWs better, but its a neat kit. Essentially built OOB, but with scratched gear levers, Instrument panels and re-sited and properly lowered Gun Cupola. Nice kit. What shall be next for my D-Day Beaches ?

Extra pics you know where.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup...

August ? Bump ! must get the Beaus out of those corsets !...

(stop typing and start painting, ed.)
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

Ayup All...

Well, I’m back. To discuss the virtues of CBKs and find out where we’re up to with them in time. I’ve been away, and I must Thank Greg, I’ve been constantly building, but not so much CBKs. I started a SIG, ‘Film Fangs’, which makes kits of all types, and media, from the Sci-fi, TV, film, fantasy (but not so much I find) and horror genres. We display a lot on the circuit, but also at Smallspace and Hamex, and we offer ourselves to the local Community to appear at local fetes and the like. All to sow the seeds of modelling. I am working on what may be regarded as a CBK, atmo. The now expensive Airfix James Bond and Oddjob figures (£60 a pop now ! ) I have a long-term Airfix TSR-2 MS coming together slowly too. And have plans to get ‘The Battle of the River plate ‘ down on a base as well.

Well, it’ll be good to see you all online and in person. And maybe I’ll be able to squeeze in one or two ‘Classic Kits’ that I DO want to build, in as well. As soon as I manage to sort out how to post images again, I’ll post them.

Hello to everyone again.
feanor
Active Participant

Post by feanor »

My two intrepid enemies...

The base is completely scratchbuilt from 80 thou Plasticard, a vac sheet, Evergreen H Girders and several Ice Lolly sticks. It’s not finished yet. Behind the bars a scratchbuilt Bank Vault door will be installed. I’ve not got around to that yet. The figures are using their original based ATMO only for storage. Hope you Like.

Return to “Individual Members' Themed galleries”