First generation jets, 1939-1949.
Runs April 1st to 30th, 2012.
GBL: Kruaxi
Andypops
Series 3 and Beyond

Re: My first dabble in a GB!!!

Post by Andypops »

Well!
Life seems to have gotten in the way the past couple of weeks so I haven't been able to get a start on this kit but I've still got nearly 5 days left so there's still hope.
In fact I should be getting the basics done today sometime so hopefully will have a genuine progress report with pics too sometime in the next 24 hours or so.
Liverpool FC used to be a really good team..HONEST!!
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Old_Tonto »

You can do it Andy, five days is plenty of time.

You have more chance of completing this model than Liverpool have of reaching the Champions League. :ha:
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Andypops
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Andypops »

Hi all

Well I've actually got started on this kit....FINALLY!!
I'll post a pic or two a bit later tonight hopefully but the fuselage is together with wings and tail all glued together.

It is a fiddly build with action features to boot!!

You can have the option of having the canopy movable!! I will not be doing that...too much of a pfaff imho!

Also the clear main part of the canopy has sprue attachment points on the actual "glass" as the lower part of the canopy frame is a seperate part for the canopy to be fixed to.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll make the deadline but I'll give it my best shot.
I will defo finish this kit fairly soon so keep an eye out in the aviation section.

So it seems like 30 days wasn't enough even for me to finish a simple kit!! Mind you this is not a simple kit as I have now found out.......it needs a bit of TLC and I'm more than sure a fine model can be made out of it esp as there is a lot of fine surface detail incorporated on this kit.

Mind you now I've started this build I do feel a bit of the old modelling mojo returning which was the raison d'etre for me joining this group build so all was not in vain :)

Stay tuned cos you never know...I might just do it!!
Andypops
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Andypops »

Old_Tonto wrote:You can do it Andy, five days is plenty of time.

You have more chance of completing this model than Liverpool have of reaching the Champions League. :ha:
I can't argue with you there OT

Still a cup double is nowt to be sniffed at :)......I will not gloat unless Liverpool actually win the FA Cup but I can just see Torres putting us to the sword....but we'll see :)
Andypops
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Andypops »

Hopefully here are some pics!!

SEE I have done summat!!

As can be seen a fair bit of filler and a smidgeon of sanding is needed before any paint is applied hence my doubts as to whether I'll finish.

Further fuelling those doubts is the red vino I am scooping at the mo which can be seen as a rather elegant stand for the MiG in the above pics :):)
Old_Tonto
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Old_Tonto »

It has wings and everything! Good effort anyway, I do all my best work with a glass of red medicine near by. :lol:

We have a Heller Spitfire 16 GB coming up in November - why not stick your name down for that one. It's a dead easy kit that looks good too.
2023 - A:0 B:0 C:0
Current Projects:
East German Air Force (1956-90)
South African Air Force (1958-93)
Andypops
Series 3 and Beyond

Post by Andypops »

Old_Tonto wrote: I do all my best work with a glass of red medicine near by. :lol:

We have a Heller Spitfire 16 GB coming up in November - why not stick your name down for that one. It's a dead easy kit that looks good too.
Red Medicine!

I like that :) My doctor will be singularly impressed with my self diagnosis for every ill in my life :D

Cheers for the encouragement OT much appreciated. I will be finishing this one as and when I get time.

Unsure about the Heller XVI GB though.....cos I haven't got one of those in the stash and they are not exactly easy to find but its way away in November so who knows :)

Keep an eye out in the aviation section over the next week or two and with luck and a fair wind then this little MiG will be finished.

Return to “Early Jets”