Martin's Vamp Part Deux

First generation jets, 1939-1949.
Runs April 1st to 30th, 2012.
GBL: Kruaxi
Martin R
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Martin's Vamp Part Deux

Post by Martin R »

I started a Heller Vampire FB5 for the Twin Boom GB, but didn't finish during the period.

Despite packing the fuselage with steel BBs, it was going to be a tailsitter, so after the GB, I drilled a hole in the fuselage to put in some more BBs, but didn't have any superglue to secure them. No problem, I'll use 2 part epoxy. Dash! None of that either but my father suggested I used some different glue he had. So, squeezed in a bit - well, quite a lot actually - and a day later came back to find the fuselage pod a very funny shape!

Model went straight in the bin. One of the relatively few 'chucked' models for me in the last few years (I think I'm getting less fussy!)

So, I'm going to try to complete one here. I would like to backdate to an F1 but that would entail grafting entirely new fins / rudders to the tail booms and also require new wingtips. I think I'll try to do an F3, as that would just require new wingtips. With the extended wingtips, I could then just about finish it credibly in a high altitude scheme (MSG / PRU blue) with B-type roundels.

Pics to come.

regards,

Martin

Return to “Early Jets”