An open apology.

Home of the IPMS Cold War SIG. Hop over the wall and join the party comrade.

Moderators: Falcon, Dazzled

Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

An open apology.

Post by Stuart »

Hi Gents,

Sorry I've not been around much over the past few months but modellings not been very high on the agenda recently.

I've been mulling this over since the end of May, And it's with regret that I'm going to have to withdraw from the SIG - and the builds for Telford. My circumstances have changed a lot since last November when I signed up, and although at the time I'd hoped to support you all with some builds via the post, but owing to lack of time and resources (and starting my own consultancy business) I doubt that'll be possible.

Also if I'm honest - I've realised that building to a plan/agenda tends to kill my mojo a lot - which is also why I've been pulling away from GB's since last year - when I do get time to model it's rather random. I'm also not sure - having seen some show builds recently - if I want to display my builds to the public.

Anyway - as I said I'm really sorry if I've caused some issues.

As an apology, I have 2 SU-27 kits + decals etc. that I'm happy to donate to the Telford build if anyone wants them - send me a PM.

Regards

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

''All mistakes can be hidden with poor photography :-D ''
Kitaholic
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: An open apology.

Post by Kitaholic »

Sorry to hear that and know what you mean about the mojo, mine is just returning now so have to get my digit out for Telford. Which Su-27 kits are they?
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it
DavidWomby

Post by DavidWomby »

Stuart

Don't feel bad. Real life always has to come first. You know, things like family, friends, work, chores, etc.. Then, if we do have spare time for modelling, a burst of the weirdly unreliable mojo has to coincide with it too! Sometimes I am amazed any of us get anything built and finished.

Just build what you like when you can and have fun.

David
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Sorry to hear of this Stuart but real life has to come first before a hobby and I hope that your consultancy business is going in the right direction. If it's any consolation my mojo has also suffered greatly this year and I'm still trying to battle through the builds for Telford, which takes the fun out of it somewhat. In honesty I am too slow a builder really to make multiple commitments and after this year I won't promise to do more than two builds for displays at the outset and once those builds are done then I will take a view on the situation!
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
planecrazyman61

Post by planecrazyman61 »

hi stuart sorry to hear you're can't be involved in the CWsig this year regarding the builds you offered to do ,i would take the trumpeter Su 27B kit with the Belarus decals and build it for the display and would like to offer a trade in exchange , also i have a super etendard built up to cover the french option
good luck with the business
cheers craig
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

That is disappointing Stu. More than anything I was looking forward to finally meeting you after all this time. Still, real life must come first and I wish you all the best with your new business. :)

Hopefully, you'll be able to make a show or two in the future.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Stuart
Raider of the Lost Ark Royal

Post by Stuart »

Hi Gents - thanks for the comments, but apologies again - I have to say it's been worrying me for weeks.

I do hope all is a success for the display.

Craig - I'm glad to hear you can cover the SE and that you're happy to build the -27. PM me your details and I'll get it off to you as soon as I get off Snowdon next week. No trade needed - I already have too many anyway.

Regards and best wishes all,

Stuart
Stuart Templeton I may not be good but I'm slow...

''All mistakes can be hidden with poor photography :-D ''
Zen
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Zen »

Just take it easy, life has it's phases so this will be new one. In no time your business will be running steady, you'll be a big boss and have time for your personal hobbies and activities. :beer:
SJPONeill

Post by SJPONeill »

Stuart, as others have said, nothing to apologise for...much as we would like to be able to beat it into submission with a blunt instrument, real life is real life...sounds like you have some great opportunities coming together for you and you have to focus on those...in the meantime, just keep building up your staff: it's therapeutic...
Please critique my posts honestly i.e. say what you think so I can learn and improve...
The World According To Me
Kitaholic

Post by Kitaholic »

I'm prepared to take on the other one, PM me and we can discuss some hard-earned, no need to gift it as an apology as none is needed
Regards

Gord

Desperately trying to find his MOJO, don't know where I left it

Return to “Cold War Chat”