MerlinJones

Re: The Grog Shop - Sign-up and Chat

Post by MerlinJones »

Yes and yes and welcome.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

Hum, still not sure what to build for this. Of course I have my Olympic but even though its not far along its still started. I'm also not sure I could complete it in time. Way to much PE rails and steps to add. Also there are resin parts I need to cast and I haven't a clue how to do that yet sooo... Next could be a Revell Queen Mary. I want to turn that into the Gray Ghost but I have the same issues as I have with the Olympic. Hum... I have two Airfix Mauratania's. One is going to be the HMT Battle Dress version so that is also out for this build but I could use one and build a straight forward Mauritania.

I will need to think about it some more. In the mean time I need to finish off the Boss 302 for the Wheels GB.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

It's a two-month build, but if you keep thinking, the days will start rolling by ... best just grab one and go for it -- they all sound interesting.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Looking through all the builds in the GB i see a lot of you guys use photo etch railings which make a fantastic difference to the models, now seeing how small a scale you are working in and how tiny the etch must be,how do you attach it? would you mind doing a mini tutorial when you fit some railings? i am sure i am not the only one who would love to see how its done,i might even pluck up the courage to have a go myself.
BEEN A WHILE
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

bromo wrote:Looking through all the builds in the GB i see a lot of you guys use photo etch railings which make a fantastic difference to the models, now seeing how small a scale you are working in and how tiny the etch must be,how do you attach it? would you mind doing a mini tutorial when you fit some railings? i am sure i am not the only one who would love to see how its done,i might even pluck up the courage to have a go myself.
That's an excellent request -- I'll be glad to in mine (when I get there), as will others I am sure.
You will probably see several different methods depending on the modeler and also on the length & complexity of the bends.
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Cheers John, i think this will be very informative and make a great reference as well
BEEN A WHILE
English Electric
Getting well comfy!

Post by English Electric »

This is deeply frustrating... I've got a Heller Marie Jeanne trawler I'm dying to build (or Northern Lights / Chalutier Le Volontaire depending on which boxing you know) and it's inaccessible in the back bedroom due to new carpets and furniture piled up round it. Damn damn damn!
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

I must say how much I'm enjoying watching this GB. I quite enjoy building a ship model now and again and and have quite a few in the stash. I would have liked to have participated but with it coinciding with the Falklands GB I just don't have the time :sad: .
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

So how are we going guys?
Only 5 completions out of a possible 17, over a whole two months, does not make encouraging noises for future ship GB's.

Completions aside, general progress reports have also been somewhat sparse.
Is any shipbuilding continuing, or is it tumbleweed around the Clyde?

Regards,
Bruce
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

I had a problem mid-build that costs me several weeks and then several days on the end, otherwise both mine should have been done. They are each, and collectively, doable within those gaps. That didn't help with me staying "on" the GB to keep thing moving.

I think we found some guys who like ships and maybe it'll translate into increased activity in the Ships Forum ....
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

jRatz wrote:
I think we found some guys who like ships and maybe it'll translate into increased activity in the Ships Forum ....
I for one am looking forward to seeing some more ships. I would really like to see someone do some complete builds from scratch. ;-) :-D
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0

Return to “Down to the Sea in Ships”