Past half-way, 3 weeks to go

The Ship GB.
Runs April 16th to June 10th.
GB Leader: jRatz
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Past half-way, 3 weeks to go

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

First, I must apologize for not leading very much, and in particular, not modeling much -- there have been a series of interruptions to my bench time, and it even looks that I will not be at the workbench here on the finish date, so my completions are doubtful. I have posted updates to both projects; I've been trying to do so but I had little to show other than another coat of paint drying. Nonetheless, I shall keep plugging away -- the Mary Rose is closer than it looks because there really isn't much superstructure -- soon I'll be into PE details. For both, there's just a lot of painting and I'm having speedy drying issues, along with time.

So, how's everyone else doing ?

I see a lot of good starts that seem to have slowed up. 3 weeks, time to re-energize yourself and get rolling. Why don't we shoot for an update from everyone, say by Friday, and a commitment to get back on track. There are some really nifty ships here that deserve bdeing built.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.
PaulBradley
Staring out the window

Re: Past half-way, 3 weeks to go

Post by PaulBradley »

Doing OK. I got stuck in a period of little bench time as well, but I'm hoping that I can get some in this weekend, and then the following weekend is a 4-day weekend because of the holiday.
Paul

За демократію і незалежний Україну

"For Democracy and a Free Ukraine"
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

As stated in my thread, I'm back to where I was some weeks ago.
The general lack of posting is what usually happens with a GB of long duration and I expect, in 3 weeks time, there'll be a flurry of activity and 'reasons', sans completions.

Regards,
Bruce
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

I don't think length has anyhting to do with this; there are some significant projects here. We probably don't draw outside comment from a particularly wide range of people, non-airplane guys/gals being a minority here so that lowers participation.

But, as I noted, I've not done a particularly good job of GBL and that hasn't helped.
John Ratzenberger :???:
It's my model and I'll do what I want with it.

Return to “Down to the Sea in Ships”