Greg Fokker.

Dreidekker zweidecker eindecker go.
Runs April 16th to May 13th.
GBL Gregers
Gregers
Forum founder

Greg Fokker.

Post by Gregers »

Well if ever there was a more apt build title! Still not decided which little Fokker to attack first. I will have by the end of today.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Albert Einstein
Gregers
Forum founder

Re: Greg Fokker.

Post by Gregers »

I decided that I would stick my nose into the stash and build the first Fokker I found. This was the Revell 1/72 Fokker DVII, Finnish air force one that I recently purchased on Ebay. With weird splinter cammo and blue swastika's this one should look cool.

All the best.

Greg
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Albert Einstein
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Any progress, Oh GBL?

Regards,
Bruce
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Post by ShaunW »

Yes, is there anything happening Jastafuehrer :grin:
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

This one is slated for start this weekend. Real life getting in the way through the week.

All the best.

Greg
Albert Einstein
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

OK. Life gets in the way of plans by mice and men. I have been searching for the elusive little Fokker that I WAS going to build for the past hour and a half. SO. I won't be finishing a Finish Fokker. I have however dug out the nice old Revell 3 in 1 collectors series Fokker DR1 and will be building LT Werner Voss' aircraft. I have chosen this aircraft for two reasons.
1 I want to use the LT Kempf markings on the latest boxing of the Tripe I have.
2 I will be building Der Rote kampfflieger's aircraft at a later date, possibly with the Airfix boxing I have.
Also Vos' aircraft had unusual markings according to the instruction sheet . It had an all over light blue colour with silver streaking over the upper sine and fuselage sides and has a green cowling.

Pics and build start later today. (Thank goodness - at last - real life is NOT getting in the way this time....mwahaha HAHAHHA :twisted:

All the best.

Greg.
Albert Einstein
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Right ho. Progress has been made, pics have been taken and will be posted as soon as possible.
I have started as usual with research, this is what I have found out Voss' aircraft was in fact the 3rd DR1 built. It was in an all over silver dope finish with blue (some say blue/green) streaks over the upper side and fuselage sides, It had a Fokker green cowl (I have guessed this at RLM82 Dunkelgrun) It was very well maintained and probably kept very clean. It has been described as his 'pet'
I have sanded the ejector pin marks down and done some initial paintwork. This type of aircraft I find my best method is to do all the main painting as well as the smaller stuff first and touch up panels after assembly and filling/sanding. on doing this I found I missed the pin mark on the aerofoil section between the main wheels. I will address that problem tomorrow hopefully. Next job will be for me to add some simple interior detail. As stated earlier. Pics will have to wait until tomorrow (PM).

Best regards.

Greg
Albert Einstein
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

A couple of taster pics. More to follow tomorrow.

Box shot

The parts, with the two bonus decal sheets that were inside.

All the best.

Greg
Albert Einstein
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Where's that Tumbleweed smiley? :mrgreen:
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

Sorry folks. Am at work at the mo but progress has been made and piccies have been taken and with luck will be uploaded tonight. The airframe is almost complete barring the top wing and undercart. painting has almost completly done.

All the best.

Greg
Albert Einstein
MerlinJones

Post by MerlinJones »

Yes dear, of course it is dear.
Now you go and have a nice sit down and a cup of tea.

Regards,
Bruce

Pssst...who's going to tell him that the Build ended yesterday?
Gregers
Forum founder

Post by Gregers »

This I know and am fully aware of Bruce, and I am indeed enjoying a cup of tea as I type thank you. As will be seen I am posting progress pics up to and including yesterday for the sake of completeness and I posted the above to let you guys know where the build was at at the close of play. I will however finish the little work to be done on the model in my workbench thread.
Real life got in the way as did a somewhat annoying computer problem.

I do apologise for my bad form in this build and it is a huge pity for me personally as I like the products from the Fokker stable and was looking forward to building one or two.

Best regards.

Greg
Albert Einstein

Return to “Meet the Fokkers Group build.”