Sign-Up & Chat

For the 30th Anniversary; any subject, air, sea, or land.
Runs May 1st to June 14th.
GB Leaders: bromo, Dazzled
JohnRatzenberger
Why is he so confused ?

Sign-Up & Chat

Post by JohnRatzenberger »

A continuation of the initial 'Falklands War GB' thread from GB Chat.

Here sign-up for the 'Falklands War' GB, state your entry, chat with others who are joining the GB.

Your GB Leaders are bromo and Dazzled, who will post the details here shortly ....
bromo
On a long, long journey

Re: Sign-Up & Chat

Post by bromo »

Cheers John, well welcome aboard chaps if you know what you are going to build then let us know and feel free to open a build thread, show us the kit,sprue shots ect.Any questions about the GB then let us (me or dazzled) know.
BEEN A WHILE
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Nice to see the thread up nice and early so there's plenty of lead in time for the participants. Many thanks John :)

This will be my entry for the GB.

I've had this kit since not long after the actual Falklands conflict as you can probably tell from the price tag - £4.45 :shock:

I bought the kit from the long gone Beatties in Cardiff, a regular haunt for many years before it's sudden demise, and the 30th anniversary seems a very appropraiate time to finally be giving it it's moment in the spotlight (or bench lamp ;-) ).

I'll be building it as XL192, a 57 squadron aircraft based on Ascension Island that, as well as carrying out reconnaissance missions over the islands, also supported the Vulcan on the Black Buck bombing mission on Port Stanley airfield where it was the link tanker that shadowed the bomber all the way to and from it's target, setting a new RAF flight endurance record in the process.

If all goes well (and the decals are still good) I also have an Airfix Chinook (with markings for Bravo November) and a Pucara, both of which are crying out "BUILD ME" from the stash. One, or both, may make an appearance if the Victor gets an early finish :) With this GB at least, I have less studying pressure and a bit more modelling time available.

Good luck to everybody with their Falkland builds.

Dazzled
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Nice choice Darryl.
BEEN A WHILE
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Well i was planning to be showing a nice picture of an Airfix Harrier Gr3 1/48th i e-mailed Airfix and they said release was due April :-D so still some time and i have everything crossed.If they dont release in time then it will be the Tamiya Sea Harrier.
BEEN A WHILE
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

My entry will be the Fujimi 1/48 Gazelle done as XX411 of 3BAS
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Nice choice Jeff i never knew Fujimi did a Gazelle in 1/48th,look forward to seeing some box and sprue shots.
BEEN A WHILE
jssel
Still crazy after all these years

Post by jssel »

Hi Bromo. Yes, they did both the trainer and AH versions. The trainer in white plastic and the AH version in green plastic. I would like to do the trainer as a RN Shark "Fly Navy."
Besting 60 years of mediocre building of average kits in the stand off scale
splash
Senior Service Rotorhead

Post by splash »

Hi guys sign me up with an Airfix 1/72 Pucara.

I also have a Wessex, Vulcan, Seaking, A4 and a Mirage in the stash so we will see how time goes.

Regards
Splash
My work bench is starting to look like Portsmouth Naval Dockyard.
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Nice choice Splash, if Airfix dont get the Harrier out in time i fancy the Revell 1/48th Wessex as they have Humphrey as a decal option.
BEEN A WHILE
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

splash wrote:Hi guys sign me up with an Airfix 1/72 Pucara.

I also have a Wessex, Vulcan, Seaking, A4 and a Mirage in the stash so we will see how time goes.

Regards
Splash

It's a really nice looking kit and an excellent choice for this GB. The only bugbear I have with my example is that Airfix don't provide any underwing stores which is a bit of a shame as a loaded out one looks very purposeful.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!
Dazzled

Post by Dazzled »

jssel wrote:My entry will be the Fujimi 1/48 Gazelle done as XX411 of 3BAS

Sounds great. I was also unaware of a 1/48th Gazelle or I'd have checked one out earlier (read "snuck one into the stash" ;-) ). Looking forward to seeing wahat this kit is like.
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Pugz636
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by Pugz636 »

it seems like everyone is gonna multi build for this group build....I am going to have to check my stash and see what i have apart from my revell victor.....but either way with whatever i find im in.....

2016 A:6:B:2 c: 1 ,2015 A:7 B:1 C:0 2014 A:2 B:1 C:0 (2013 A:22 B:1 C:0) (2012 A:3 B:2 C:0) (2011 A:4 B:8 C:1)
IPMS #12527
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Welcome aboard Pugz the Revell Victor is a nice choice, not everyone is multi building i struggle to try and finish one :oops:
BEEN A WHILE
bromo
On a long, long journey

Post by bromo »

Well the Tamiya Sea Harrier is a no go the decals are for Aircraft before the Falklands so that means an afetrmarket decal sheet,Come on Airfix pull your fingure out and get the GR3 and the FRS 1 released asap
BEEN A WHILE

Return to “The Falklands War”