Italeri 1/35 Staghound

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
Softscience
Staring out the window

Italeri 1/35 Staghound

Post by Softscience »

I've finally been able to upload a few more pictures of my Italeri Staghound which I built as a machine used by the Polish 2nd Corps in Italy 1944. The kit is one of Italeri's newer mouldings, and is quite nice. The detail is crisp and things measure out pretty good.

I understand that the kit as modeled, is not 100% accurate, as the crew of "Nadwislanin", the vehicle represented here, made some field modifications to the vehicle. This mostly consisted of welding on some extra stowage up front, but as I had only one fuzzy reference photo, I stuck to what was in the box.

I'm not entirely satisfied with the weathering, but overall the model turned out ok.

The figure is from Tamiya's most recent repop of the Churchill. I painted on a mustache to make him look "more Polish". I'm not far up the learning-curve when it comes to figure painting, but this guy turned out pretty good I think.

Anyhow, enjoy.

and in natural sunlight

glen3312
Getting well comfy!

Re: Italeri 1/35 Staghound

Post by glen3312 »

now that is nice ;-) superb weathering and cracking photos :beer:
Softscience
Staring out the window

Post by Softscience »

Thanks Glen, I actually thought the photos were kind of poor. But I'll take your word for it :)
Marek
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Marek »

Ralph, this is simply breathtaking! Can't say anything more that would not be repetitive.

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”