Albion 3 Point refueller. Airfix

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
Chuck E
Established 1949

Albion 3 Point refueller. Airfix

Post by Chuck E »

I'm currently working on a Battle of Britain Display for Model Mania 2017, at Locomotion, Shildon.

I'm building all the aircraft in 1/72nd scale for the main display, but will also have a Spitfire and Hurricane in 1/32nd and Spitfire, Hurricane, Defiant and Bf109E in 1/48th. These will incorporate figures and vehicles, so I picked up the Airfix Albion refueller and the Bedford MWD.

For a change, I thought I'd get the Albion done first. What a cracking little kit it is too. I had it almost complete in a single night and only the lack of a tin of the designated paint held me back. The only extras so far have been the metal straps around the vehicle's own fuel tank and a fire extinguisher in the cab. I have also decided to use clear plastic sheet for the windows. It must be hard to cast very flat windows, so I'll just add the frames to the back of the sheet and drop the assembly in after painting. The wheels are great. Paint the parts and just clip them together.

I was racing away and didn't have my camera, so I'll take some shots before I add the paint. No watch outs at all, though I would add the vehicle's fuel tank after the cab is installed and the running board in place.
So many models, so little time.

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”