Black Label M103

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
Canuck2016
Active Participant

Re: Black Label M103

Post by Canuck2016 »

Hi Iggie! I'm having a lot of trouble finding it in stores these days, but here's a link to Amazon in case it helps:

https://www.amazon.com/Triangle-Coating ... d+finishes;

To anyone who does buy it, I offer the following advice: keep the grey paint tightly capped when not in use. It dries out quickly and turns into a hard lump. That being said, it can be restored with some water and vigorous stirring. Secondly, I found that the rusting agent turned green and became less effective every time I used it. I'm guessing it's because I had traces of the grey paint left on my brush when I dipped it into the rusting agent, and they gradually reacted in the bottle over time. Next time, I'll decant a small amount into another container and dip the brush in that, in the hope of keeping the bottle uncontaminated.

Iggie, I love the Vulcan, BTW!
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Thanks for the link!
I'll investigate if they can do postage to the UK :grin:

There's more of XH558 on my Flickr pages :-D :-D
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by iggie »

Ha, none of the US sellers can send this overseas! There is one seller on Amazon UK, but (wait for it) they want over £60 for the kit :shock: :shock:

So, I've started some research, and found a technique on Pinterest using acrylic paint (black and brown) and cinnamon! This sounds like it has to be tried!

This is a link to the tutorial I found; we're off to the pub now (on the boat) but I suspect there will be some trialling later tomorrow!
Link: http://thicketworks.com/tutorial-easies ... fect-ever/
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
Canuck2016
Active Participant

Post by Canuck2016 »

Good day Iggie

Too bad about Amazon, but thanks for sending the link. I'll try it! (The completed model will smell nice too!).
Migrant
Happily Landed after Many Circuits and Bumps

Post by Migrant »

Another excellent armour model, the weathering looks really convincing.

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”