Schwerer Panzerspähwagen - 1/35 Gunze Sangyo

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
Nikonchris
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Schwerer Panzerspähwagen - 1/35 Gunze Sangyo

Post by Nikonchris »

Hello,
I'm Chris from the North East of Scotland and have spent many years modeling, some might say playing with 1/35 German WWII Armour.
A couple of years ago I got fed up with individual track links and tiny bits of etch brass for tool handles that i totally stopped.
I then crossed over into the 'dark side' and built a couple of GERMAN WWII ME110'S, one 1/72 and one 1/48. It seems I just swapped track links for canopy masks, just as small and still a pain in the @*£" to complete, but I enjoyed it and I then thought of Armour again.
Having a tidy up I found a built Schwerer Panzerspähwagen - 1/35 by Gunze Sangyo still waiting to be painted. A further tidy up and I found the tools, Hoorah.
Now this is where you come into the equation, The camo scheme, and what to pick.
At present it's in a fairly flat, dusty German dark yellow, but what next. I thought about a rough winter white wash? Then next idea was using aeroplane camo masks to mask it up and use either red/brown or dark green or both? Maybe then turn it into an ambush scheme? Or something else, but not sure what.
So any ideas you have or links you can pass on would be truly helpfull

Thanks for looking and hoping to hear what thoughts you have.

Och I'
Chris.

PS.. it won't be tartan!!!

iggie
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Re: Schwerer Panzerspähwagen - 1/35 Gunze Sangyo

Post by iggie »

Hi Chris,

I'd be tempted to go German WW1 style with the camo:

It sort of looks the same :grin:
Best wishes

Jim
If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing
"Never put off till tomorrow, what you can do the day after tomorrow"
ShaunW
NOT the sheep

Re: Schwerer Panzerspähwagen - 1/35 Gunze Sangyo

Post by ShaunW »

Now that is something different, Chris and very nicely done. I'm not sure what scheme this should wear but I do rather like Iggie's suggestion. Depends how accurate you want to be, if at all. The Germans did use dark green and red brown steaks over dark yellow quite a lot and your idea of a faded winter cam would look good over something like that, with plenty of scope for the weathering. I'm spending a lot of time over on the dark side at the moment but over the years my interests have been more or less 50/50 aircraft and military vehicles (I like to build softskins as well as AFVs).
Doing - Tamiya 1/35th Universal Carrier.

Work is the curse of the modelling classes!
IPMS#12300

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”