Trumpeter KV-1 1/72

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
general rocket
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Trumpeter KV-1 1/72

Post by general rocket »

This was my first model by Trumpeter, but won"t be my last.
The build went totally with out issues from the kit, in accordance with Trumpeters reputation.
The tank it's self is quite a beast and makes an interesting comparison with it's German equivalent.
I did find the paint, Model Color 096 Russian Green, was very susceptible to scratch damage. I have never had this problem with other Model Color products before. Is this one of those paints that need an undercoat? Am I just a clumsy oaf? Anybody any thoughts on the matter?
The only colour used in weathering was Humbrol "Dark Earth" brushed on and wiped off again.

As usual, please feel free to comment
I wish, that I knew what was doing!
pilgrim1
Getting well comfy!

Re: Trumpeter KV-1 1/72

Post by pilgrim1 »

A beautiful construction and color
I apologize for the incorrect english
bernard5802
The Bug Has Well And Truly Bitten

Post by bernard5802 »

Nice work, very realistic :)

Regards, Bernard
Dazzled
Modelling Gent and Scholar

Post by Dazzled »

Nicely constructed model. One or two things that occur to me though. Firstly, I was under the impression that the KV-1 was the conventional heavy tank version and the "big turret" self propelled gun was designated KV-2 (sounds like an Egyptian tomb!). Secondly, the turret looks very different from the Tamiya 1/35th offering like the one I built quite a while back (see rather dodgy pics). Different marks perhaps, or just different factories. I know the Russians weren't all that consistent with sticking to standard designs during WW2.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
COLD WAR S.I.G. LEADER

Wherever there's danger, wherever there's trouble, wherever there's important work to be done....I'll be somewhere else building a model!

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”