german sd.Kfz.251/1 ausf.c 1/48 scale

Millitary miscellany; Tanks, AFV, Trucks and other Soft-Skin vehicles etc.
omi
Getting well comfy!

german sd.Kfz.251/1 ausf.c 1/48 scale

Post by omi »

well just finished this, bit of history, this is the AFV 1/48 scale sd.kfz (halftrack) i wanted to see if i could do this without a lot of weathering and in the desert colours.
brill kit with loads of parts and the detail is amazing, no fit issues and only my two left hands making the fiddly bits difficult, some parts are so small that when i tried to take them of the spru they just pinged into the abyss.
when you take pictures of your work you see so much more and i have noticed some minor boo boo's but i'm happy with the result, even the blu tack snake.
see what you think.
those pin marks are so obvious.
Softscience
Staring out the window

Re: german sd.Kfz.251/1 ausf.c 1/48 scale

Post by Softscience »

Those AFV Club kits are absolutely fantastic, eh?

You got a great model on your hands here, but it really could use some kind of at least light wash with thinned raw umber oils to really take it to the next level. You did a great job painting it, and a little bit of weathering will make it look even better.
Dirkpitt289
NUMA's Auto Mechanic

Re: german sd.Kfz.251/1 ausf.c 1/48 scale

Post by Dirkpitt289 »

That is a beautiful looking build but I have to agree with what Ralph said. I bit of weathering would kick it up a notch or two. That said I have to admit i can't weather anything to save my life.
.... Dirk

Beware of the DOG's of WAR

My Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/ModelingGu ... rid&view=0

Return to “Tanks, AFV and other Military Models”